Curious...Anybody Over here from Weight Watchers?

Options
Hey, is anyone here after a stint on Weight Watchers? Are you getting better losses or about the same?

Replies

• katlopezco8946
    katlopezco8946 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I did WW in the past and loved it! It helped me lose all my baby weight. I checked it before I got this app and there was no way I was gonna pay that much to lose 12 lbs. This app does the same thing and it’s free!
  • LyndaBSS
    LyndaBSS Posts: 6,964 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the community! <3

If you haven't already, read the stickies at the top of the getting started forum. Very informative and helpful.

Loads of former WW's here. The first thing to know when switching to mfp is that there's no such thing as a free food.

Good luck with your journey!
  • 2thgrl75
    2thgrl75 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi newbie here. I’m also switching from ww. I loved the older ww programs but struggle with freestyle. Eye opener was when I went to my endocrinologist and lost 2 lbs in a year. I know it comes down to calorie in vs calorie out so I’ll track here.
  • wendyheath32
    wendyheath32 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I came from slimming world to mfp after I kept loosing weight even though I was at target it and happy. With people suggesting I lower my target or pressuring me to regain weight I was just through with it and saw how utterly rediculous it was. Plus free foods and syns make no sense and they push some *kitten* foods
  • sipleats
    sipleats Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    As an old-time ww’er, I signed up for the new program and quit shortly thereafter. They assigned me and my sister (who weighs 50 lbs less than me) the same weekly amount of points. And I hated that their golden foods, like a weight watchers bagel, was less than half the points of my favorite bagel which was less in calories! I felt like I was being punished unless I chose foods from their pre-approved list, even if my choices were less in calories. Nope, not for me.
  • sam_juggins
    sam_juggins Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I've just left WW after a year. I got fed up with starchy stuff being so high in points. I went months without eating a spud as its daemonised! FFS. I did get to target on SW but then left that due to not getting on with the leader and put some wight on. Back at MFP and now the food world is my oyster once more!
  • SuziTierney
    SuziTierney Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I just left WW after almost a year of really struggling with the new freestyle program. I had great success with WW in the past, losing almost 70 pounds, but that was on the Smartpoints program.

Like others have mentioned, I couldn't get get past the mindset of "free" food and portion control. I'm finding that counting all calories is keeping more aware of my portions.