need to lose the baby weight

Options
Looking for positive friends to keep me motivated. My baby is 5 months old now and it is time to kick this spare tire off my body. I tend to avoid the mirror and scale. I want to look and feel as beautiful as I know I am. Who's with me?!

Meghan

Replies

• bridgett28
    bridgett28 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I will be once I have my baby (Due Thursday -- Sept 1)....
  • Luv4staind
    Options
    I am here for the same reason. My baby is just now 7 months old. I sent you a friend request :)
  • kt1680
    kt1680 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi Megan,

First and foremost, congratulations on your new baby! Give yourself and your body props for the amazing feat that it just accomplished!

Feel free to contact me anytime for motivation. I am also a mother, and began my fitness journey about 18 months after my daughter was born. I couldn't blame the condition of my body on her, I lost the baby weight pretty quickly, but then got totally lazy and lost control of my body. I'm down to 10 pounds less than when I first got pregnant, and am feeling great. I'm not where I want to be yet goal-wise, but I'm doing it the right way so it takes time, you know?

How are you planning on accomplishing your goals? Do you have any workout programs you use?
  • cmlewis86
    cmlewis86 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Well my son's 4 and I'm just now trying to lose the baby weight! Great job getting on the wagon early!
  • tinamarie0711
    Options
    Im here to lose my baby weight also! My little one is 5wks
  • debclif
    debclif Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I am with you all the way! Had baby #2 last December and she is almost 9 months and realized now that I have a girl, I want to be a positive role model for her. My mom was obese and still is, she never played games with us, and was always too tired! I want to be that "fit" mom that I see with her two kids running around. I have about 30lbs to lose for my first goal, and then possibly 10 more after! It's tough! BUT WE CAN DO THIS!
  • philOHIO
    philOHIO Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    YOU CAN do it, even if it is just taking the stroller around the neighborhood or at the mall. You look great now. There are also a lot of strengthening/aerobic exercises you can do at home. Biggest Loser videos are awesome!
  • Keshena
    Keshena Posts: 1
    Options
    I am in the same boat, I have a 6 month old son and hadn't been doing anything other than the occasional walk. I finally joined a gym last night so I can get rid of those final pesky kilos to help get me to goal. I am lucky that breastfeeding has helped with the bulk of it but I need to take some responsibility and put in the effort from here. Good luck to all of us in our weight loss journeys :)
  • chrissyd1
    Options
    My son is 2 and he is my third and last baby...I am trying to lose the "baby" weight too....We are all in this 2gether :). Congrats on your little baby!!!
    Chrissy:happy:
    I will friend you...
  • mego2319
    Options
    I completely agree I want to feel good about myself I have not been 110 since high school so I know I am setting my standards high. I can do this and I WILL do this! I don't want to lose the weight I am getting rid of it and I have NO intention of ever finding it again. So thank you for all you guys out there I will try to be just as motivation for you as you are to me :)
  • bridgett28
    bridgett28 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Well i had my baby girl on 9/7/11 and am currently down to 244 from 265. So I am well on my way to get to 229 (prepregnancy weight) and lower.

I am currently just walking a lot with my baby and doing lots of laundry/light house work. I am also semi-nursing/pumping which requires lots of energy.