Looking for support

Options
Hello everyone! So I’m trying to los 5-7 lbs stubborn pounds that I gained while I was suffering from depression. Part of my goal is to exercise more because I know it helps soothe depression symptoms. Just looking to meet others and support one another. I’m a vegan so I eat pretty healthy but sometimes I go on a vegan junk food eating streak and that doesn’t help me get in shape. This app is hopefully going to help me be more mindful of the calories I’m taking in.

Replies

• aracely2224
    aracely2224 Posts: 1,070 Member
    Options
    Hi! MFP has helped me achieve my goals with the calorie count. I’m cheering for you!

You can do it! 🌺
  • Wolverine_76
    Wolverine_76 Posts: 4,482 Member
    edited September 2019
    Options
    FR sent
  • LyndaBSS
    LyndaBSS Posts: 6,964 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the community! <3

If you haven't already, read the stickies at the top of the getting started forum. Very informative and helpful.

Buy a food scale. Weigh everything you eat and log into the food diary.

Good luck with your journey!
  • rdl619
    rdl619 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Seems like you're getting you're mind in the right place.. You can easily shift that way.. Stay positive and get you're diet nailed.. You got this 💪
  • pman39
    pman39 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    azicornell wrote: »
    Hello everyone! So I’m trying to los 5-7 lbs stubborn pounds that I gained while I was suffering from depression. Part of my goal is to exercise more because I know it helps soothe depression symptoms. Just looking to meet others and support one another. I’m a vegan so I eat pretty healthy but sometimes I go on a vegan junk food eating streak and that doesn’t help me get in shape. This app is hopefully going to help me be more mindful of the calories I’m taking in.

You got this.. just try not to get down and as you are on your eating streak remember your goals
  • JMHoran86
    JMHoran86 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    You got this!! Also, nice to stumble across another vegan!! 😁😁😁 I feel you on them veg-junk binges tho!!!
  • jruiz4120
    jruiz4120 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Hi I’m Jr. I’m not a vegan but fully understand the junk food eating streaks lol if you need some freands to help you along the way feel free to add me.
  • TheresaTW
    TheresaTW Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Happy to connect if you’re looking for a friend on the app. I’m trying to lose 10-15 pounds that I gained since having a surgery. For some reason, I’m really struggling. I’d really like to find somebody to help hold me accountable. I’m pretty good with working out but need to get better about my nutrition.

Best of luck and congrats on making healthy choices!