Vegetarian keto meals?

Options
stephieleee
stephieleee Posts: 113 Member
Hey all

I'm looking at trying a keto diet for like 8-12 weeks, just as an experiment to see what all the fuss is about and how my body reacts to it.

My boyfriend is vegetarian and we frequently cook together so I'm trying to find some recipes or meal ideas that can satisfy both our diets, or are easily adaptable to both (e.g a vegetable stir fry without noodles for me and noodles for him)

Any ideas are appreciated! :)

Replies

• LyndaBSS
    LyndaBSS Posts: 6,964 Member
    edited September 2019
    Options
    Keto, in my opinion, is very strict and thorough research should be done prior to starting it. Foe example, your veggie stir fry would lose any of the higher carb veggies.

I don't think anyone should try it without the desire to make it a sustainable lifestyle.

Good luck whatever you choose to do. 👍
  • stephieleee
    stephieleee Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    LyndaBSS wrote: »
    Keto, in my opinion, is very strict and thorough research should be done prior to starting it. Foe example, your veggie stir fry would lose any of the higher carb veggies.

I don't think anyone should try it without the desire to make it a sustainable lifestyle.

Good luck whatever you choose to do. 👍

Because it's so strict is precisely why I want to approach it as a challenge as opposed to a "lifestyle change".

I have no desire to permanently cut out a major food group, especially one that I enjoy - but I am really interested in the potential side effects of keto (balancing hormones for PCOS, mental clarity, increased energy) that a lot of people claim to experience and would like to find out for myself if I experience the same.

At least once I have the experience first hand I can make an informed decision as to whether or not it's a worthwhile thing for me to implement as a lifestyle.