Stronger Better Faster Feb 26

Options
Good morning Pebbles!
How are you all today? Is the weather warm where you are? It's down right toasty today! 85*. A little warm for me, but no worries! Tomorrow it will be 62*!
I have to come up with a grocery list this morning and go to the store. I have no idea what to get. I'm going to try to eat better, although after Saturday I am allowed to have sweets again. I think we are going to have frozen custard on Sunday or something. I am thinking at the max, sweets once a week, but I am really thinking once or twice a month and only when I really really want something. Not just a passing whim, but a real craving!
I also need to go see my neighbor who is in the home. I am not wanting to go but I always feel uplifted after I go. I need to get out anyway. I am trying to withdraw.
I was asked last night if I would babysit a 10 month old 2-3 times a week. Honestly, I don't like babysitting. I never have. But it's a baby and it's kind of a fun age. It would be "good" for Alex in the long run. He may get mad at first. It will prepare him for adopted kids around. So I might do it. I could use the money too.
Rambling again! I didn't do my push ups or sit ups yesterday, so I will do them today. I may take today off from working out other than that. Don't know.
I need to get to that healthy grocery list that I need to get one in about an hour or so. Have a good Thursday!
MM

Replies

• mechanicmom
    mechanicmom Posts: 5,695 Member
    Options
    Good morning Pebbles!
    How are you all today? Is the weather warm where you are? It's down right toasty today! 85*. A little warm for me, but no worries! Tomorrow it will be 62*!
    I have to come up with a grocery list this morning and go to the store. I have no idea what to get. I'm going to try to eat better, although after Saturday I am allowed to have sweets again. I think we are going to have frozen custard on Sunday or something. I am thinking at the max, sweets once a week, but I am really thinking once or twice a month and only when I really really want something. Not just a passing whim, but a real craving!
    I also need to go see my neighbor who is in the home. I am not wanting to go but I always feel uplifted after I go. I need to get out anyway. I am trying to withdraw.
    I was asked last night if I would babysit a 10 month old 2-3 times a week. Honestly, I don't like babysitting. I never have. But it's a baby and it's kind of a fun age. It would be "good" for Alex in the long run. He may get mad at first. It will prepare him for adopted kids around. So I might do it. I could use the money too.
    Rambling again! I didn't do my push ups or sit ups yesterday, so I will do them today. I may take today off from working out other than that. Don't know.
    I need to get to that healthy grocery list that I need to get one in about an hour or so. Have a good Thursday!
    MM
  • yoginimary
    yoginimary Posts: 6,783 Member
    Options
    It will be close to 90 degrees here, urgh. No cool weather until Saturday for us. I'm going to have to turn the AC on since I'm having people over tonight. I don't think I've ever had to turn the AC on in February.

Yesterday, I got called in to sub yoga, so I missed my weights class. I did go for a 80 min bike ride and made yoga rather hard.

Today, I'm going for a walk. Then, lots of cleaning.

Happy workouts!
  • Renae_Nae
    Renae_Nae Posts: 935 Member
    Options
    AH!!! I must get to the gym today. I slacked yesterday because I didn't feel great and I'm REALLY behind on my miles :sad:

That is my whole goal today! Miles, Miles, Miles
  • ariannedavis
    ariannedavis Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    Hi. So I've been keeping up with posts, but nothing positive here so I stayed away. I have still not kicked my grunge (started beginning of Jan), had to get a chest x-ray (normal) for my rib pain on the right side, am back on steroids, a second inhaler, expectorants, and still can't workout 'cause it hurts to breathe deep. When I cough it's that deep hacking cough that hurts everywhere, plus the rib feels like it's going to explode out of my chest. My nephew apparently has something similar and has been labled a virus. I just can't kick it. Then Saturday I got a stomach bug that finally got out of my system, but not after getting "everything" out of my system.... blargh:frown:

Chest pain or not I am going to get fresh air tomorrow traveling with the lacrosse team. It is supposed to be in the 60s and rainy in SC, so that might be nice if I can stay warm & dry. I will try to get in a walk this weekend if I feel up to it.

Mary, in response to the cal/burn/week: it is safest to lose 1-2lbs a week so that your body can keep up. However, in college, I never ran less than 45-50 miles in a week. I ate like a freakin pig and never gained weight. So, i conclude if I was on a low cal diet and doing that, results would have been drastic loss. It's all about the intake/output balance. If you're consuming exercise cals, you should be ok. But again, look at biggest looser, they push their bodies to the extreme and get results! Each person has to find their own balance. I think a lot of people over-estimate their daily activity/lifestyl and underestimate portions. The other problem it that it's not an exact science, so even though my BMR is 1200, I aim for 1500 and see more results there.
  • yoginimary
    yoginimary Posts: 6,783 Member
    Options
    Sorry to hear you're still sick AD! Both my yoga teacher and my mom have had lingering coughs. My mom's has gone on for about a month - so maybe you have the same virus. The doc put her on all kinds of medications - including 3 months of allergy meds.
    Thanks for the info. I guess I can't over workout then - I know I can over train, but I take plenty of easy days.

Just got finished having 11 people over for book club. I cooked up a storm - and most of it is still at my house!!! Must get rid of food! I'm having my husband take the cupcakes to work. He said they were the best cupcakes ever, and he was afraid he wouldn't get another one (plenty left over, dang non-eating disorder people!). I ate 2 today. They were rather tasty. Also have a million mushrooms left over and many strata egg bakes (made them in muffin tins). I give up cow cheese on Sunday (as well as sugar and butter), so I need to get rid of this stuff!

Also - cleaned the entire house - no one went anywhere but the kitchen and main room - but hey, my house is mostly still clean.

Can you tell my husband isn't home and I need to blab?