No HRM? Use this :)

Options
http://www.braydenwm.com/calburn.htm

I take my HR manually in 15-second intervals 3-5 times throughout my workout, average it and multiply by 4 to get my bpm. Hope it helps! :)

Replies

• jen31889
    jen31889 Posts: 121
    Options
    ha ha. LOVE your signature!
  • Aeliyah
    Aeliyah Posts: 247
    Options
    Hey, thank you for posting this website. Could someone with a HRM do a calculation with this site, and see if it is close? It's showing a big difference for me with a few of my activities... and if this site is quite accurate when compared to a HRM, I would prefer to use it. Thanks!
  • blazergrad
    blazergrad Posts: 603 Member
    Options
    Great link! Thanks for sharing. :)
  • Erindipitous
    Erindipitous Posts: 1,234 Member
    Options
    ha ha. LOVE your signature!

Ditto!
  • ShannonMpls
    ShannonMpls Posts: 1,936 Member
    Options
    Hey, thank you for posting this website. Could someone with a HRM do a calculation with this site, and see if it is close? It's showing a big difference for me with a few of my activities... and if this site is quite accurate when compared to a HRM, I would prefer to use it. Thanks!

It is very close to what my Polar FT7 reports when I'm doing steady-state cardio. When I do interval-type training, where my peak HR is quite high, it's not quite as accurate but still acceptably close (- about 50-60 cals). Far closer than the MFP exercise cals, and always much closer than the cardio machine.

So I'd say that it's a nice and pretty accurate option for elliptical/walking/etc, but if you're doing circuit training or HIIT, save up for a HRM :)
  • kmo566
    kmo566 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    bumpity
  • sabified
    sabified Posts: 1,051 Member
    Options
    awesome :D Thanks hun!
  • Aeliyah
    Aeliyah Posts: 247
    Options

It is very close to what my Polar FT7 reports when I'm doing steady-state cardio. When I do interval-type training, where my peak HR is quite high, it's not quite as accurate but still acceptably close (- about 50-60 cals). Far closer than the MFP exercise cals, and always much closer than the cardio machine.

So I'd say that it's a nice and pretty accurate option for elliptical/walking/etc, but if you're doing circuit training or HIIT, save up for a HRM :)

Thank you! :D