Anyone New to Keto ??

i'm a few weeks in and have been doing it without myfitnesspal..have now decided to be a bit more strict with myself & hopefully see a change on the scales. Just wondered if anyone else on here now using MFP to monitor their macros and if you are finding it easy ? Thanks

Replies

• Emmapatterson1729
    Emmapatterson1729 Posts: 1,296 Member
    I recommend the Keto Group and The Low Carber Daily Forum group on here.

Both groups have a lot of active members and discussions.

Good luck!
  • Keto, yes, but been on Atkins and lost 60 # in 9 months. Looked into Keto, and followed guide with the foods that I like, and my diet is exactly the same as the Atkins I have been on. Exactly.
  • sandhillsmom
    sandhillsmom Posts: 319 Member
    I'm new to Keto as well. Already noticing a difference in how I feel in just a few days.
  • Hi I'd like to try keto too... looking for friends and advice :-)
  • Blujinja
    Blujinja Posts: 1 Member
    Yes, Im new here too. :p Just started MFP (five days now) using it to understand and monitor my macros too. I've set my goal to 800 cals per day so if I do go over this, I have a margin for that error. But usually, with my exercise, I manage to stay under. My macros have been fairly true too ... but its only been five days. I have been dieting since the last week in May when I weighed 96.5 with the intention of weighing 77kgs by October 4th when I fly to Bowen to attend a large family reunion and 90th B/d party. Only 3kgs to go.
  • rdottinpoon
    rdottinpoon Posts: 1 Member
    I am new to Keto.. started 1 week ago.. as well as MFP.. and also Camp Gladiator.. lol.. so I am trying to figure everything out. I put my macros in for Keto weight loss ( I am supposed to eat 18g if carbs, 109g fat and 100 G protein.. )
    But when I add camp gladiator exercise in the MFP adjusts and adds more grams/ calories for each for the day.. I am worried that I am consuming more now.. even though it is adjusting for the calories I burned with exercise.. is this normal..? Has anyone had the same questions? Am I doing something wrong..?
  • I’m not “new” to keto but I’m definitely starting over. Hoping I can stick to it this go round. Feel free to add me!!