diet devotion - Feb 20

Options
February 20

Psalm 37:5
Commit thy way unto the Lord; trust also in him; and he shall bring it to pass.

Alice Layden was a woman with no self-control. As long as I knew her, she had been terribly overweight. I hadn't seen Alice for over two years when she showed up one day on my front door-step. She looked fabulous! When I asked how she had finally done it, she said, 'I asked God to help me, and I just kept asking Him. Every morning, every noontime, each evening, and anytime I felt hungry, which was almost all the time, I just said a little prayer for God to get me through. He did it! After I thought I'd just about run out of things to try, I found what I should have known all along. God did for me what I was unable to do for myself!'
Today's thought: The more time spent in prayer, the less time left to eat!

Replies

• PammyB3130
    Options
    February 20

Psalm 37:5
    Commit thy way unto the Lord; trust also in him; and he shall bring it to pass.

Alice Layden was a woman with no self-control. As long as I knew her, she had been terribly overweight. I hadn't seen Alice for over two years when she showed up one day on my front door-step. She looked fabulous! When I asked how she had finally done it, she said, 'I asked God to help me, and I just kept asking Him. Every morning, every noontime, each evening, and anytime I felt hungry, which was almost all the time, I just said a little prayer for God to get me through. He did it! After I thought I'd just about run out of things to try, I found what I should have known all along. God did for me what I was unable to do for myself!'
    Today's thought: The more time spent in prayer, the less time left to eat!
  • momandwife
    momandwife Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Thank you!!!! I needed that today!!

:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • SoupNazi
    SoupNazi Posts: 4,229 Member
    Options
    Great 'food for thought" Thank you for the inspiring posts.:flowerforyou:
  • Eve23
    Eve23 Posts: 2,352 Member
    Options
    Thank you for the wonderful posts. I have been enjoying them.:flowerforyou:
  • babyhippo
    Options
    Of course we know that. But, we can be so dumb and forget.

I mean how dumb are we to think that some Jenny Craig lady is more of a motivater than God. And Weight Watchers really doesn't watch over anything (except their financial reports) God watches and sees everything. And we eat those "Smart Ones". Well, who is the Smartest of All?
  • meme2018
    meme2018 Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    Thank you for the great posting. I needed it today and always.:happy: :happy: :drinker: :drinker:
  • suevittorioso
    Options
    :smile: thank you ,thankyou,thank you.:flowerforyou:
  • alaskagal
    Options
    Great devotional!

Thanks
    :flowerforyou: