Backyard fitness

Options
Looking for fun ideas to get a work out in my backyard. Anyone have any ideas on equipment/material? Preferably easy to set-up/tear-down and fairly dog proof lol.

Replies

• ej_maries
    ej_maries Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    gexfy4vnjmx9.jpg

• ej_maries
    Options
    qpuyi2nl1pbm.jpg
  • LyndaBSS
    LyndaBSS Posts: 6,964 Member
    Options
    Battle ropes, exercise bands, mini trampoline, jump rope.

I wouldn't keep the equipment out when not in use if the dog is a chewer, though.
  • mom23mangos
    mom23mangos Posts: 3,070 Member
    Options
    Me, I would add a set of bars or a portable rig for aerial silks/lyra/trapeze. Maybe a big ol' fat tire.
  • sgt1372
    sgt1372 Posts: 3,978 Member
    Options
    I've got battle ropes, a wt sled and a 200# tractor tire w/3 different wt sledge hammer in my backyard.
  • sgt1372
    sgt1372 Posts: 3,978 Member
    edited September 2019
    Options
    I've got battle ropes, a wt sled and a 200# tractor tire w/3 different wt sledge hammer in my backyard.

If I could find/design a cheap/simple &safe way to rig one up, I'd also add a 20' rope climb.
  • pierinifitness
    pierinifitness Posts: 2,231 Member
    Options
    If you’re capable, burpees and basic gymnastics tumbling and somersaults. Save your money and go out and eat a nice meal . . . after your minimalist backyard workout.
  • RealWorldStrengthLLC
    RealWorldStrengthLLC Posts: 552 Member
    edited September 2019
    Options
    You can do A LOT with a moderately heavy tire, a sledgehammer, some battle ropes, sandbags, a pull-up bar, your bodyweight, and a weighted vest. If I didn't have access to a gym that would definitely be my set up.
  • ej_maries
    Options
    Loving the ideas so far. Keep them coming please 😊. Tonight I used old flower pots as cones
  • ej_maries
    Options
    nkuc6u2pg52d.jpg
  • L1zardQueen
    L1zardQueen Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options
    Fill up that wheelbarrow with heavy stuff and push it around. It is not an easy thing to do.
  • Jthanmyfitnesspal
    Jthanmyfitnesspal Posts: 3,521 Member
    Options
    This thing is on sale today only.

BodyBoss Home Gym 2.0 - Full Portable Gym + Extra Set of Resistance Bands, Green https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01M3VETU9/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_4DLIDbTDJZ3N1

I haven't used it, but I frequently use resistance bands (the kind that have handles).
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,906 Member
    Options
    Looks like those raised beds need weeding ;)

The last few falls I've done big gardening projects - last year we tilled up the strip alongside our driveway and planted ornamental grass. The year before I put in a perennial shade garden under a crab apple tree.

In your backyard, I'd put in some tall blueberry bushes along a side of the fence with good sun exposure, and put in a bed for bulbs along another side.

I'm near Boston and all the garden centers have started marking down perennials.
  • rileyes
    rileyes Posts: 1,404 Member
    Options
    Sled, TRX, tractor tire and a big rock. You could also create a pergola with bars.
  • coppertop_4
    coppertop_4 Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    Air bar! Check out Kiya Knight's Airbar on facebook or youtube! You can do it with a broomstick ;)
  • moonangel12
    moonangel12 Posts: 971 Member
    Options
    I was going to say TRX/Rip:60 straps... I want to find our old sets and hang them from a tree or something.

I do push ups and dips on our picnic table, suicides in the road out front with the kids (we are fortunate to now live on a stretch with three houses so very little traffic). Jumping jacks, jump rope. My dad used to have a big tire in his yard.
  • apullum
    apullum Posts: 4,838 Member
    Options
    Does it have to be in the backyard? Take up running or walking if your neighborhood is safe for it, and take the dog with you if s/he's able to keep up :)
  • wowfitness67
    wowfitness67 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    You could do strength training videos from Fitness Blender or PopSugar( both can be found on you tube) or you can go to their website. Fitness blender or Glow Sugar.
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    Back yard? Get a heavy tire and a hammer. Sometimes pick up the tire. Sometimes, bang it with the hammer.