Polar Ft7 Help Please!

Options
Hi All,

Just got my polar FT7 heart rate monitor and I was so excited to wear it for my run tonight. I got it all set up, wet the band, attached the monitor and pressed start and nothing. It's not picking up my heart rate at all.

Any idea what's wrong? I really hope i didn't just get a faulty one. Please let me know if you have any quick fix tips.

Thanks!

Replies

• maritza327
    maritza327 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Make sure the strap is saturated from when you wet it and make sure the strap is making contact with your skin right under your breasts. Hit the middle button on the right. You should see the watch reading your heart rate. When it has read it, either hit the same button again but hold it. Or try the bottom button on the left.
  • Dabbles
    Dabbles Posts: 367
    Options
    Did you wet the wire part of the sensors and have it centered in your chest?
  • aimeeturner
    aimeeturner Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    Make sure the strap has been wet with water in both sensor areas (lighter grey colored). Also, make sure the strap is tight enough.
  • AlmostMrsP
    AlmostMrsP Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone!

I wet the strap for a third time and really held it under the water for a while. Then I checked to make sure there was a battery in the sensor (there was). Once I put it back on, it worked right away. So I don't know what the problem was before.

I appreciate the help!