Cheat day set backs

Had a huge cheat day yesterday.. I'm up 7lbs today. I know it's mainly water weight but it's very disheartening seeing them scales jump up! What's you're biggest weight gain from a cheat day? And how long did it take to drop the weight?

Replies

• pancakerunner
    pancakerunner Posts: 6,137 Member
    rdl619 wrote: »
    Had a huge cheat day yesterday.. I'm up 7lbs today. I know it's mainly water weight but it's very disheartening seeing them scales jump up! What's you're biggest weight gain from a cheat day? And how long did it take to drop the weight?

Question is: why would you weigh yourself after a cheat day?
  • rdl619
    rdl619 Posts: 14 Member

I like to keep track on a daily basis.. But going foward I'll have more self control and stay away from the pizza and the scales
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,843 Member
    LyndaBSS wrote: »
    0 pounds. I don't believe in cheat meals or days. I think labelling them as such is counterproductive.

Ditto
  • BasedGawd412
    BasedGawd412 Posts: 346 Member

I never weighed myself after a cheat day. I do track my calories sometimes and eat a average of 7,000 to 10,000 calories
  • corinasue1143
    corinasue1143 Posts: 7,467 Member
    edited September 2019
    Probably not the most. I had a salivary gland infection last week. Ate about 500 cal/day 3 days in a row. Couldn’t eat more cause of the swelling. The first day I felt better, I ate all day and went 700 calories over. Gained 3 pounds that day. I weigh every day cause it’s part of history.
  • I weigh myself every day. Try not to panic when there’s a big jump.
    I agree with others about not framing it as a cheat day. It’s just a day where you chose not to eat at a deficit.
  • Jackie9003
    Jackie9003 Posts: 1,105 Member
    I weigh daily too and I had pizza and cake and went up about 6lb in 2 days which took about a week to normalise on the scale, I'd eaten just over maintenance.

As others have said I don't see it as a cheat day though, it was a birthday celebration and those happen often. I'm learning how to deal with that so that I can enjoy such events without stressing over it.
  • leonard41704
    leonard41704 Posts: 33 Member
    I eat 1500 cals/day, then have a 3000 cal cheat meal every 14 days. Lost 30 lbs this way since the 4th of July. My weight the next day hasn’t been affected by it.
  • NovusDies
    NovusDies Posts: 8,940 Member
    I do not cheat. I have made mistakes that end in overages and sometimes I just plan to have an overage. I eat maintenance and sometimes a little more on some days (usually holidays and special occasions).

I also do not view weight fluctuations as set backs. I call them upticks because I do not even consider them weight gain... at least not meaningful weight gain.