ChaLEAN Extreme Buddies

Options

Replies

• muffintopminx
    muffintopminx Posts: 541 Member
    Options
    Rested today. My neck/shoulder blade are not feeling any better - only feels okay when I take advil. So I guess some is definitely inflammed and angry in there. I am considering seeing a chiropractor because I'm at my wit's end. I didn't sleep at all last night because my shoulder and arm (down to elbow) started throbbing. And I almost started crying on my way home from work today out of sheer frustration. I can barely move my head to check my blind spots in the car.

Anyway, working out yesterday didn't help my situation after all, so I'm going to wait it out. I think I can still do TF without punching hard but lifting is out for now. I'll restart CLX once this is healed and when I do I'm going to start out light and slow and get my form PERFECT. Not sure if this happened due to lifting, may have slept funny, who knows, but I am not taking any chances. I cannot go thru this again!!!!
  • KristaWeiss
    KristaWeiss Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    I've been doing Turbo Fire for a few months, I love her program and have had great results.
  • forkeeps
    forkeeps Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Rested today. My neck/shoulder blade are not feeling any better - only feels okay when I take advil. So I guess some is definitely inflammed and angry in there. I am considering seeing a chiropractor because I'm at my wit's end. I didn't sleep at all last night because my shoulder and arm (down to elbow) started throbbing. And I almost started crying on my way home from work today out of sheer frustration. I can barely move my head to check my blind spots in the car.

Anyway, working out yesterday didn't help my situation after all, so I'm going to wait it out. I think I can still do TF without punching hard but lifting is out for now. I'll restart CLX once this is healed and when I do I'm going to start out light and slow and get my form PERFECT. Not sure if this happened due to lifting, may have slept funny, who knows, but I am not taking any chances. I cannot go thru this again!!!!

I would try the chiropractor. I don't ever go unless there's a major emergency type thing, but they are helpful on those occasions. Even just 2 visits could help the issue and that's better than suffering for weeks! Hope you get better soon.
  • muffintopminx
    Options
    Pinched nerve is feelinng better - not 100% but greatly improved, gonna give it a few more days to a week and then start Week 1... again. In the meantime, doing Turbo Fire with no neck/scapula issues - YAY!
  • vold94
    vold94 Posts: 256
    Options
    Ended up taking 1/2 last week and going to take this week off of CE. Last week was just too busy that I didn't eve work out the end of the week. This week I'm going to start up cardio and will kick back into CE next week all over at week 1. Now that school is starting, I shouldn't have things getting in my way! Watch out CE!
  • muffintopminx
    Options
    Starting CLX tomorrow... again!

Pinched nerve is GONE!!! Gonna try and make this a perfect week with exercise and food, gotta make up for this past week.

How's everyone else doing?
  • adhillman01
    Options
    I'm starting on the 5th of September. I have my videos, but I just finished up finals at school and now I'm moving. But I should be all settled in and ready to start in 2 weeks. I'm really glad I found this. I also found the other thread, but didn't get an answer to my question. Are you doing the meal plan with it? I was thinking about it, but the recommended 1300-1400 calories per day seemed a little low, as I'm also training for a half marathon 3-4 days per week. Most of the meals seemed like they would be pretty good, but a little lower in carbs than I've been doing. Well, I'd love you join you guys so I'll be back on the 5th!
  • muffintopminx
    Options
    I'm starting on the 5th of September. I have my videos, but I just finished up finals at school and now I'm moving. But I should be all settled in and ready to start in 2 weeks. I'm really glad I found this. I also found the other thread, but didn't get an answer to my question. Are you doing the meal plan with it? I was thinking about it, but the recommended 1300-1400 calories per day seemed a little low, as I'm also training for a half marathon 3-4 days per week. Most of the meals seemed like they would be pretty good, but a little lower in carbs than I've been doing. Well, I'd love you join you guys so I'll be back on the 5th!

I never follow diet plans from any programs, I just log my food on MFP and try to stay in the green. I can never follow diet plans, I just feel trapped and annoyed because they usually never align with foods that I like or actually want on that day. I say do what feels right and use MFP to it's full extent - it's helped me so much!
  • adhillman01
    Options
    Does everyone have a HRM to get the calories burned? I don't have one and have heard that they're not good for strength training anyways. I was just going to log it as strength training or circuit training, depending on how my exertion level seemed. Does anyone else use MFP to estimate calories? What do you log it as?
  • AngieMcHenry
    AngieMcHenry Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I have a MIO heart rate monitor, but I don't usually use it for strength training because it doesn't show me burning many calories. But I started the PUSH phase this morning and my arms were so tired, I could barely lift my blow dryer! So I know I did some good.
  • muffintopminx
    Options
    I use an HRM and log whatever it tells me. It's not a "big" burn, but my heart rate does go up enough to kill 250 - 300 calories.
  • muffintopminx
    Options
    Burn Circuit 1 - done!

So far so good - went light and really careful.
  • adhillman01
    Options
    I use an HRM and log whatever it tells me. It's not a "big" burn, but my heart rate does go up enough to kill 250 - 300 calories.

That's a pretty good burn! i can't wait to start!
  • vold94
    vold94 Posts: 256
    Options
    Well I'm starting extreme all over again on Sept 1. Had to take a couple weeks off, so figured I'd just wait until Sept 1 and start completely all over. Can't wait, because I really did enjoy it. Will start logging again in a couple days! TTYL
  • ladygloria
    ladygloria Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    Oooh, another Chalean thread. I'm in here too. Started last week and love it! I got selecttechs as an anniversary gift from the hubby so instead of waiting until I get under 200 to start the hybrid, I've jumped fully on board with the CX schedule with additional cardio through zumba. So far, I am in love with CX. I love the pacing and Chalene's energy is encouraging. I'm going heavy and surprising myself with how long I can last. Yesterday was Burn 1, week 2. Today is a rest day and I'm so glad because it feels like my arms are about to fall off.

P.S. I agree with those who say Burn Intervals are killer. I still can't do a burpee, but have it as a personal goal. I have yet to do a push up without being on my knees. Can't wait to see how that changes when I get further into the program. Go heavy or go home!!!
  • muffintopminx
    Options
    Wecome ladygloria!!!

Burn Intervals kicked my *kitten*. I've only done it once so far and hope to up my number of Burpees this next time, they really wear me out and I can't keep up with pace but maybe some day soon... ;)

I did Burn Circuit 2 this morning and hope to squeeze in some turbo fire this afternoon!
  • Quiing
    Quiing Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    I started the ChaLEAN Extreme + TurboFire Hybrid on 8/8/11! I LOVE this combo!
  • ladygloria
    ladygloria Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    Burn 2 tonight and man do I feel like jello. Went heavier on a lot of exercises and figured out my weights better now that I'm writing everything down. Can't wait to see if I can go heavier next time (though there were two I need to go lighter on). Burn Intervals is supposed to be tomorrow, but I have Zumba class so I'm thinking of moving it to Tuesday's rest day from now on so I can do both.
  • fit_chica69
    fit_chica69 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I just got ChaLEAN Extreme today!! I can't wait to do it tonight!! :happy:

8644877.png
  • AngieMcHenry
    AngieMcHenry Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Wecome ladygloria!!!

Burn Intervals kicked my *kitten*. I've only done it once so far and hope to up my number of Burpees this next time, they really wear me out and I can't keep up with pace but maybe some day soon... ;)

I did Burn Circuit 2 this morning and hope to squeeze in some turbo fire this afternoon!

What exactly is a Burpee?