PROTEIN SHAKES!!! Help!

Options
I need a few ideas on which protein shake to get.. typically something that can also be a meal replacement at times.. with a good amount of protein, really low sugar and not super high in carbs.

I AM NOT on the atkins diet, never would be.. but I did hear that the Atkins Advantage Shakes are really good in protein, low in sugar and carbs. ANY REVIEWS ON THIS? I used to drink the GNC Lean Shake's but I just really want to try something new..

Thanks to anyone who responds! :)

Replies

• goingtobefit2015
    goingtobefit2015 Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    I use Jillian Micahaels protein shakes they are really good and you can get them for less than $10 at walmart!
  • Hirundo
    Hirundo Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    bump !
  • SergeantSunshine_reused
    SergeantSunshine_reused Posts: 5,382 Member
    Options
    Optimum Nutrition. Has an amazing variety of delicious flavors. Only brand I will buy
  • Jill_newimprovedversion
    Options
    I use Jillian Micahaels protein shakes they are really good and you can get them for less than $10 at walmart!

I LOVE these, come in chocolate or vanilla- I mix it w/ unsweetened almond milk.
    - those are the only ones I've found that use STEVIA. My body cannot handle aspartame>>migrainesor sucrolose >>stomach pain

BTW 1 scoop 100 cal, 1.5 g fat, 7 g. carbs, 3 g. fiber, 3 g. sugar, 55 mg sodium, 15 gr. protein ( Plus the almond milk has 0 sugar)
  • beverlyl64
    beverlyl64 Posts: 381
    Options
    I drink Shakeology, great source of protien and very nutritios.
  • Deva1026
    Deva1026 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I use Atkins shakes and they are delicious, but high in fat. If you want lower fat content, try Myoplex . Also, I use Pure Protein powder version, low fat, low cal, only 3 carbs per scoop. I also heard that ISO-100 brand is pretty good ( powder form) super low in carbs, but pricey. I have not tried that one yet.
  • lvmcdonald
    lvmcdonald Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    If you want an already made shake try boost. When I was looking I found those had the least amount of carbs and highest protein. I finally got a blender and made my own with EAS whey protein and almond milk.
  • msmith719
    msmith719 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Try the GNC Pro Performance Amp Wheybolic Extreme 60 Protien Shake. They are great and you get 60g of protein with a super low fat/suger content!

Calories 280 Sodium 300 mg
    Total Fat 1 g Potassium 450 mg
    Saturated 1 g Total Carbs 7 g
    Polyunsaturated 0 g Dietary Fiber 1 g
    Monounsaturated 0 g Sugars 2 g
    Trans 0 g Protein 60 g
    Cholesterol 15 mg
  • bratty72
    bratty72 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I use muscle milk lite... Chocolate Peanut butter flavor... Way yummy and really high protein.. Calories 195, 6 g of fat and 11 g carbs.. 25 g of protein... I drink it as a meal replacement... or even put it on my oatmeal in the morning( it tastes like an chocolate oatmeal cookie) just a suggestion..
  • RCKT82
    RCKT82 Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    go with a slow release protein (cassein) takes your body longer to digest, so it'll help keep you full longer and works awesome as a meal replacement. I use Stynrax Matix protein. Low on sugar/carbs. Great amount of protein... My favorite thing to do is mix it with some oatmeal in a blender... keeps me full all morning.
  • TripleJ3
    TripleJ3 Posts: 945 Member
    Options
    I like NNW peanut butter chocolate.

100cals
    22g protein
    1g carbs

Now it does have Stevia in it which isn't something I'm normally into but out of all the powders available to me locally, I feel its better than the other fake sugars (or so I've convinced myself). I like the idea of Shakeology because it has no fake sweeteners but its only 17g of protein and for a 1 shake a day, 30 day supply its $119.95. NNW I drink twice a day at a cost of $9.95 per week.
  • DMRN0125
    DMRN0125 Posts: 87
    Options
    The Designer Whey chocolate protein is good. Its tasty and blends well.
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    Look into the Dymatize line of protein

i currently have use Myofusion and XF ultra Peptide at my place
  • vnelson17
    Options
    I like the EAS Carb Control Myoplex shakes. They come ready made, have 17g of protein and 3 g of sugar. I like the caramel cafe ones the best but they come in chocolate, dark chocolate, strawberry, vanilla, and caramel cafe
  • toniRAD
    toniRAD Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Whenever I have muscle milk after working out, it keeps me full for a pretty long time. And it's 50 percent of your daily protein. Not too much sugar in some.
  • aj_rock
    aj_rock Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    Gold Standard Optimum Nutrition. Ridiculous number of flavours available, mixes really easy.
  • blueangel79
    Options
    For Women try lean Muscle meal from GNC. I purchase the pre-made shake - FYI

Quick breakdown:
    25 grams of protein
    6 carbs
    2 sugars.
    Lactose Free

Lot less than some of the others on the shelf. If you have a GNC card you can wait for the buy 1/get one 50%, comes out to 1.50 per shake. Only comes in three flavors that I'm aware.
  • blueangel79
    Options
    Try the GNC Pro Performance Amp Wheybolic Extreme 60 Protien Shake. They are great and you get 60g of protein with a super low fat/suger content!

Calories 280 Sodium 300 mg
    Total Fat 1 g Potassium 450 mg
    Saturated 1 g Total Carbs 7 g
    Polyunsaturated 0 g Dietary Fiber 1 g
    Monounsaturated 0 g Sugars 2 g
    Trans 0 g Protein 60 g
    Cholesterol 15 mg

This one I use as well and works great!! The calories total three scoops, I normally only use one per each serving.
  • engineman312
    engineman312 Posts: 3,450 Member
    Options
    i heard egg protein is the best, but a bit more expensive.