100 Lbs Plus to Lose

Options
I have been a serial starter again and again and again. So far this time around, I have been motivated enough to log in daily for 28 days at a loss of 15 lbs. I have been slowly increasing my physical movement and I already feel like a new person.
I do live day to day with the fear that I will go back to the old me who could not manage my intake or walk up a flight of stairs. I am happy to have made friends on MFP that motivate me.
Who else is nervous about lapses or all around quitting again?

Replies

• ChelleDee07
    ChelleDee07 Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    First... CONGRATS on your loss and WAY TO STICK WITH IT!! Keep going!! It is worth it and you'll be so glad you did!!!

I think it is something that is just deeply rooted into us internally. After spending so many years obese, there are still times I look in the mirror and think is this girl really me?? I really struggled with the mind meeting up with the body image for a good six to eight months after losing 100 lbs, but then I started finding my way with accepting that I had made the change to get the results.

For the longest time I linked my Cardio to keeping my weight off... until I listened to my trainer and broke away from some of it and realized... nope, I have made lifestyle changes and as long as I remain active and don't go back to my old ways of eating... I am not going to gain that weight back.

I just hit 2 years of maintaining my 100 lb loss and I have actually dropped even more now. I am one lb away from 110 pounds down.

• joone_9
    joone_9 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Me! I’m too just over 30 days in and hope for dear god that this time i make it stick so I can reach my goals again. I’m trying to be okay with losing 2lbs a week but it seems so dreadfully SLOW until I think..well I want to be active for life and time is gonna pass anyway so may as well be happy and stay active and eventually it should all come off IF I stick with it. I also worry that when I travel for work (coming up again soon where I’ll be forced to eat in restaurants not of my choosing and at odd times) that I will be derailed like all the other times..that will be my test number 1!
  • NovusDies
    NovusDies Posts: 8,940 Member
    Options
    What took me way too long to figure out is that there is not really a good reason to quit. In the beginning I screwed up way too much but I just kept logging it and moving on.

I quit for all kinds of reasons in the past but mostly because I thought a night of booze and pizza "blew" my diet. Nope. Quitting blew my diet.

I was worried at first. Of course I was. I just kept not quitting and now I am not very worried about it anymore. I don't think I am bulletproof but I have been not quitting now for 18 months.
  • Sanriohippie
    Sanriohippie Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    It is amazing that you are giving yourself a well deserved second chance!
    It is NEVER too late to start over♥️
    I just made my eating habits an everyday conscious decision.
    So I no longer have the fear of defeat and I challenge negative self talk when it creeps in.
    Cheers to a new beginning!!
  • merph518
    merph518 Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    I was a bit nervous about my ability to stick with my plan at the start. Now that I've seen some results, I have no desire to stop. I don't want to go back to the person I used to be.
  • nighthawk584
    nighthawk584 Posts: 2,003 Member
    Options
    Take progress photos along the way. compare from your heaviest one ...that is a huge motivator for me and has helped me not slip up or want to go back EVER...plus I can't fail because of health reasons! I had 100 lbs to lose last April. I've shaved 71 off so far. YOU CAN DO THIS! Congrats on the 1st 15!
  • jagrag2
    jagrag2 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Thank you for all the responses. It is good to know I am not alone and speaking to likeminded people has definitely helped me keep it up.