Healthy Dinner Suggestions

Options
sheldabrooke2312
sheldabrooke2312 Posts: 6 Member
Does anyone have any good recipes that could satisfy me and my boyfriend for dinner?
I eat so healthy during the day, then when it is time to fix something for us both to eat it's hard to find something healthy that I like that he is willing to eat as well.

He works out constantly, and focuses on eating a lot of protein. I obviously don't mind the protein, but he is always wanting to add cheese and other stuff to all the dinners... He doesn't realize that I don't work that off as easily as him!

Any ideas or recipes would be appreciated :)

Replies

• sc1572
    sc1572 Posts: 2,309 Member
    Options
    skinnytaste.com :)
  • JULIEICAC
    JULIEICAC Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Grilled Rosemary Chicken stuffed with tomatoes and low fat feta (or goat cheese). You take a boneless skinless chicken breast and slice it open to create a pocket, stuff with fresh tomatoes, sprinkle in some rosemary, and add just enough feta for added flavor and texture. A sprinkle of garlic salt is good too if you have room for that extra sodium-which I usually skip. Use toothpicks to close up the pocket and then grill, or bake, until the chicken looks done. I always stay at or under my calories when I eat this meal and it is so filling. Pair it with grilled asparagus, or a couple of small red potatoes. Yummy and healthy.
  • sheldabrooke2312
    sheldabrooke2312 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    This sounds delicious, and like something we will both like!
  • GLORIAGEAN
    GLORIAGEAN Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    You can use the same recipe for the Rosemary chicken but stuff it with Spinach and Feta and it is good also.
  • MaryD4900
    MaryD4900 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Fish tacos! So good and healthy. Use whole-wheat tortillas. I like the xtreme wellness brand... low carb, high fiber, high protein, only like 70 cals per tortilla
    http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/bobby-flay/fish-tacos-recipe/index.html

I make fajitas a lot too... it's good b/c you can keep yours clean and he can load his own up w/ as much meat, sour cream, cheese, etc as he wants

There's a lot of great recipes on here that my boyfriend has also enjoyed. We like the zucchini lasagna, slow cooker salsa chicken, and cauliflour crust pizza