Portion control plates

Options
Are portion control plates really helpful and if so what are good ones to get?

Replies

• LyndaBSS
    LyndaBSS Posts: 6,964 Member
    Options
    I got one on Amazon when I first started. It really helped looking at it until I was good at portioning.

The plate I used is called The Adult Portion Plate. I'm on app so can't post link.
  • winterbabe89
    winterbabe89 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Thanks,
    That’s one of the hardest things for me is to count calories and portion correctly
  • missysippy930
    missysippy930 Posts: 2,577 Member
    Options
    I just use a small plate and weigh/measure my food. I only use a full size dinner plate on Thanksgiving.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,897 Member
    Options
    Before I had a food scale I found smaller plates somewhat helpful. But getting a food scale was really a game changer.

I had been using measuring cups and those were just stressful - how tightly are you supposed to pack them? There is no ambiguity with food scales. Plus, you don't have to wash cups!
  • icemom011
    icemom011 Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    Yes, there's no guessing game with a scale. You can use different tricks and measuring cups, but scale is a real eye opener. Great and cheap gadget. Well worth having around.
  • LyndaBSS
    LyndaBSS Posts: 6,964 Member
    Options
    LyndaBSS wrote: »
    I got one on Amazon when I first started. It really helped looking at it until I was good at portioning.

The plate I used is called The Adult Portion Plate. I'm on app so can't post link.

I agree with everyone about the food scale being the crucial tool for weight loss.

That said, the food portion plate gives you a visual of how those foods you're weighing should look on the plate.
  • wyogal79
    wyogal79 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I use the portion control containers from Beach Body[img]They are on Amazon also. https://us.v-cdn.net/5021879/uploads/editor/5p/c3d1opzunvna.jpg[/img]