interesting study re protein intake/dairy on hypocalorific d

Options

Replies

• ajvallance
    ajvallance Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    There's no way I can accurately express how much this information helps me at this point in my journey. I can't wait to see others' opinions. Thank you.
  • servilia
    servilia Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
  • taso42_DELETED
    taso42_DELETED Posts: 3,394 Member
    Options
    Hmm, does whey powder count as dairy?
    I suddenly miss cottage cheese very very much.
  • summalovaable
    summalovaable Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    McMaster clearly has the smartest kids.. that's why they come out with such fantastic studies:) hahah can you tell what school I go to? But this doesn't surprise me at all, hopefully this will encourage more people to meet their daily calcium intakes! It's all (or mostly) about the nutrients after all!
  • Lyadeia
    Lyadeia Posts: 4,603 Member
    Options
    It's nice to see a study that supports my high protein, dairy full diet.

I don't do "low carb" but I am much lower than a lot of other people are coming in around 125 grams or so per day. But I get lots of protein and I love my dairy...

It's refreshing to see a post on MFP that doesn't bash dairy, lol.
  • chrisdavey
    chrisdavey Posts: 9,834 Member
    Options
    Love my dairy too. And yes I would include whey as dairy.

Typically, I will have some whey or casein, yoghurt, skim, milk and cottage cheese every day. I don't really eat much full fat cheese though. Some from time to time but only the really tasty stuff :tongue:
  • glypta
    glypta Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    Thanks for posting, and answering my (and someone else's whey) query. Nice to know I'm already doing it right!
  • sexforjaffacakes
    sexforjaffacakes Posts: 1,001 Member
    Options
    I've not been eating as much dairy as I could, pretty much just a total 0% greek yogurt in the mornings... I hate cottage cheese, but there is a light edam cheese from sainsburys that is pretty tasty and no too bad on the calories...
  • meagalayne
    meagalayne Posts: 3,382 Member
    Options
    This study was done in my city and there was actually a write up in the local paper about it... Felt pretty vindicated today when my mom brought it to my attention. Then immediately thought "does she think this is news to me?" -- Apparently she thought my dietary choices were accidental/coincidence... :grumble:
  • zeeeb
    zeeeb Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    i love dairy! bring it on, milk, yoghurt, cheese!!!