Plant based diet

Options
Hello everyone!

I am back on my fitness pal to get my eating under control and get back in the best health of my life. I’ve recently had a baby and have skyrocketed in my weight (and I mean it’s ridiculous).. so I decided to start on my weight loss journey and go plant based. I love Whole Foods and I was eating it before but now I am serious about this lifestyle.

To say the least I am looking for friends for motivation because my goal is to lose 100 lbs but ultimately become over all healthy. So please feel free to add me at love4me4ever. And hope you don’t mind if I add some of you to my page. I really need the encouragement!!!

Replies

• Emmapatterson1729
    Emmapatterson1729 Posts: 1,296 Member
    Options
    Hi, welcome back to MFP.

I'm a whole foods lover too. Back on MFP to lose after gaining a few from an illness.

I don't eat plant based anymore, but I still love my fruits and veggies!

I also agree, overall health is definitely valued by myself, even more than my weight and size. I like being and feeling healthy, the weight-loss is a bonus!

Good luck
  • BajT29
    BajT29 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Hi, welcome back to MFP.

I'm a whole foods lover too. Back on MFP to lose after gaining a few from an illness.

I also agree, overall health is definitely valued by myself, even more than my weight and size. I like being and feeling healthy, the weight-loss is a bonus!

Good luck

Hello @Emmapatterson1729,
    May I ask a question - how come you have decided that you don't eat plant-based anymore?
    I am just curious about your experience/opinion. I would appreciate it.
  • aracely2224
    aracely2224 Posts: 1,070 Member
    Options
    Welcome! MFP has helped me achieve my goals with the calorie count. You can do it! 🌺
  • LyndaBSS
    LyndaBSS Posts: 6,964 Member
    Options
    Welcome back to the community! <3

If you haven't already, read the stickies at the top of the getting started forum. Very informative and helpful.

You know what to do.

Good luck with your journey!
  • Emmapatterson1729
    Emmapatterson1729 Posts: 1,296 Member
    edited September 2019
    Options
    BajT29 wrote: »
    Hi, welcome back to MFP.

Good luck

May I ask a question - how come you have decided that you don't eat plant-based anymore?

@BajT29

My daughter and I were vegetarian, when she was diagnosed with Crohn's disease. Almost all veggies were causing internal bleeding and ulcers. She needed calories and more iron for the anemia she had developed, so I had to incorporate red meats and fish into her diet (she wasn't happy about this--she'd always been the weird American kid who preferred a big plate of vegetables over a burger any day).

I tried to stay vegetarian after, but just too expensive to keep buying my vegan products and her meats, plus cooking two different meals daily started wearing on me.

There were other reasons, but too long of stories to go into (moving where there's no natural markets, other illnesses, etc.).
  • tellyportation
    tellyportation Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone! It's nice to be back. My last login and connection with the community was in 2012. Yes, it's been a long time. I have decided and committed to continuing what I started 7 years ago and this time on a WFPB diet. I am slowly transitioning and hopefully maintain the discipline and commitment. Looking forward to connecting with you all. Cheers to a healthy new us!
  • Xtine0525
    Xtine0525 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    BajT29 wrote: »
    Hi, welcome back to MFP.

Good luck

@BajT29

My daughter and I were vegetarian, when she was diagnosed with Crohn's disease. Almost all veggies were causing internal bleeding and ulcers. She needed calories and more iron for the anemia she had developed, so I had to incorporate red meats and fish into her diet (she wasn't happy about this--she'd always been the weird American kid who preferred a big plate of vegetables over a burger any day).

I tried to stay vegetarian after, but just too expensive to keep buying my vegan products and her meats, plus cooking two different meals daily started wearing on me.

There were other reasons, but too long of stories to go into (moving where there's no natural markets, other illnesses, etc.).

Hi! I've been vegetarian for almost 4 years and I also have Crohn's - it's difficult to find things to eat that fit in your desired eating plan and don't hurt your gut but it's doable if you're not in the middle of a flare and are on the right meds. Wishing you and your daughter luck!