Plain water?

Options
I have alot of trouble drinking plain water can I put crystal light in my water and it have the same effect on my body as plain water does. Because Crystal light has no sodium in it. Any suggestions greatly appreciated.

Replies

• jhazminna
    Options
    crystal light has aspartame in it, which i personally believe is terrible. i wouldn't recommend it.
  • kacia1976
    kacia1976 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I think you could substitute calorie free, caffeine free beverages for about half your daily water but plain water is best for your body. I've been struggling with that myself lately and I do drink quite a bit of crystal light. Finally I bought a lemon, that always helps me suck it down more- add a lemon or lime slice! You could also try cucumber water for a switch.
  • liza27201424
    Options
    i use zero calorie flavored water!
    because I hate plain water too
    not sure if that has aspertane in it but its delish! :)
  • liza27201424
    Options
    there is also calorie free brisk iced tea!
    that i do know has aspertane but its zero calorie so i love it:)
  • lilsnowbird
    Options
    I use Nestea singles and it has sucralose in it as I too cannot stand water alone.......people will say this too is not good for you but oh well......it is the only way I can drink water and I have lost 9 pounds since July so it can't be that bad
  • Cheryl_Catrair
    Cheryl_Catrair Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I love the LaCroix canned flavored sparkling waters. They are just lightly flavored with nothing added (no artificial sweeteners etc.) One thing I've come to realize, is if I cut back on things like Crystal Light, Diet Coke, etc., I crave less sweets. Good luck on your journey!
  • kitkat1781
    Options
    I hear you....I HATED drinking plain water when I started myfitnesspal. I'll echo others' advice and suggest trying "infused water". Cut up lemons, limes, cucumbers, apples, or really whatever you want and put it in a pitcher of water. It gives the water a nice flavor without adding any unnatural chemicals, sweeteners, or colors. It's also a good segway to plain water. I now have much less trouble drinking regular water.
  • kr3851
    kr3851 Posts: 994 Member
    Options
    Try drinking it hot.. sounds silly, but boil the kettle and make yourself a cup of hot water. It's quite sweet when it's hot/warm. All the ladies in my family drink it when the men have their tea/coffee.

Or try drinking it ice cold.

Water tastes different at different temperatures... you just have to find the one that you like! I have never been a big water drinker, and I still have one can of Pepsi Max each day with my lunch, but icy cold or hot/warm is delicious. I'm averaging 4-5 cups a day, which is a lot more than I used to drink (which was nothing).
  • Robert824
    Options
    I use crystal light, but I don't use a whole pack per bottle of water, I just use a little bit to enhance the flavor, I usually spread one pack out over 4 glasses of water
  • KatJette
    KatJette Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I can't stand plain water either unless it is RIDICULOUSLY cold. I love Crystal Light. I know it is full of chemicals, but I figure that it is better to drink flavoured water than drink none at all. Ocean Spray also has some low calorie drink mixes that are just delicious. I've tried all sorts of things like putting a slice of lemon in the water or some other fruit, but it doesn't work for me. Sometimes you just have to weigh the pros and the cons and make the decision that is best for you.

The one way that I do like "water" is creating a slush with it. Crush ice with a bit of water in the blender until you get slush-like water. In the summer I do that with Crystal Light ice cubes. It feels like you are eating a treat instead of getting your water down.
  • juli3b2011
    juli3b2011 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Try True Lemon, True Lime, and True Grapefruit. One of my favorite recipes for H20 is a splash of Northland's Cranberry, a pack of True Lemon, and lots of ice cold water...yummy! You can find it some stores if you get lucky or purchase it online.
  • wannabthin65
    wannabthin65 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    i really hate plain water too. i've been using something called MIO. the strawberry/watermelon flavor is pretty good. there are a couple of other flavors also. a serving size is 1/2 tsp. but i just use a squirt. it is sweetened with sucralose but i don't know what that really is. i do know that i am drinking 6-8 cups of water a day now-which is a miracle!
  • redraidergirl2009
    redraidergirl2009 Posts: 2,560 Member
    Options
    I had the same issue but it turned out it was the taste. I found a water like I liked so I just buy it. You can also have tea if you don't add sugar to get in your water, be careful of having too much caffeinated tea. There are other options, I like passion tea, it's decaf
  • cubbieblue10
    cubbieblue10 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I'm not a big fan of plain old water either, but I love the Great Value Iced Tea with Peach drink mix. Even though it's the Walmart brand, I haven't had anything that's nearly as delicious. It comes in large packets for making pitchers and decaffeinated small packets for individual water bottles. Both types are tasty.
  • whatwentwrong
    Options
    i've been drinking the refreshe waters from safeway- zero calories, most of them are zero carbs (but be sure to check! i accidentally drank 10 carbs yesterday haha), and they taste WAY better than they should. plus, the sugar alcohol they use is erythritol, which only has .2 carbs compared to sugar's 4, so it barely impacts blood sugar or your caloric intake :D
  • genann
    genann Posts: 236
    Options
    I too hate plain water! I add crystal light to all my water, its the only way I'm going to get it down.
  • Nicholec2003
    Nicholec2003 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Have you heard of the natural sweetner called stevia? So far I don't think anyone has found anything in it that's bad for you. I believe they make flavored drops like, sweet lemon, orange, vanilla, etc. with stevia. I have only ever used the plain one but you might like them.
  • greatdragon
    Options
    ALL drinks have water in them from crystal light to full cal coke your normal 12oz can of soda (diet or regular) has about 8oz of water in it your power additives are no different then kool-aid and your body doesn't care where or how it gets water, if you can drink it your body can use it!

pure water is considered the best as there are on questionable additives in it or calories, but in the end it doesn't matter that much

also most of the food you eat has a large amount of water in it as well

the idea that people should get 8-10cups of water a day came from an old study where the "scientist" dehydrated the food so "NO" water existed and then waited to see how long the volunteers took to show sings of dehydration
  • Jennifernellwebb
    Jennifernellwebb Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    I use to drink my water by diluting a sobe lifewater .... pear.... but the whole bottle had like, 15 carbs. or something so I just bought "real lemon juice" which is also a fat burner, I am told, and I give my ice a squirt and then fill it up with water. Love it!!