Number crunchers- I need your help!

Options
I’m a 46 year old female, I’m 5ft 2 in and currently weigh 155lbs. I’ve spent the last couple of years losing just over 50lbs, it’s been a journey of 2 steps forward, one step back but I’ve managed to maintain for the last couple of months sticking to around 1450 calories per day.
I’m not particularly active, I walk 5k maybe 3/4 times a week but exercise is curtailed due to health issues.
Anyway, I’m ready to start the next weight loss phase, but I’ve managed to totally confuse myself and I’m unsure of what my daily calories should be??
I would love to lose another 14lb in a fairly steady manner, but realise it will probably happen slowly- can anyone help or advise please.
Thank you.

Replies

• Luke_rabbit
    Luke_rabbit Posts: 1,031 Member
    Options
    1450 seems low for maintenance at your age/height/weight/activity level. Are you using a food scale and weighing or measuring everything? Are you guessing or estimating too much? Are you skipping tracking on weekends? Are you eating lots of food prepared away from home and using the restaurants, often inaccurate, calorie numbers?

Okay, let's assume none of the above questions apply in your case. Sorry your maintenance calories are so low, you may want to check with a doctor or endocrinologist to see if you have a medical condition.

To lose .5 pounds per week, you would have to drop 250 calories a day, which would put you at the 1200 calorie minimum. You probably should go a little slower, like 100-150 calories less per day. In a year or so, you will have lost your 14 pounds. Good luck!