Second week and no change

Options
uzovka
uzovka Posts: 19 Member
edited September 2019 in Motivation and Support
Hi. It’s only 2 weeks since I started (again) and my weight hasn’t changed since Sunday! It’s Thursday today. First week it was easy (as always) but why am I not loosing this second week? This time I exercise as well, not only calories watching. Surely I can’t be in starvation mode already. Any ideas?

Replies

• slimdownt
    slimdownt Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    5jmzcnucd3yb.jpg
  • Joanna2012B
    Joanna2012B Posts: 1,448 Member
    Options
    It's only been two weeks. Are you weighing and logging everything you eat?
  • uzovka
    uzovka Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Thanks slimdownt, but that’s not it. I have been really good so far. Not even a treat. I weigh and log everything I eat....
  • Joanna2012B
    Joanna2012B Posts: 1,448 Member
    Options
    Just give yourself time. You don't want to lose too fast.
  • PTA4LYF
    PTA4LYF Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    check your water intake you may not be drinking enough which makes you dehydrated and will hold weight on
  • jenncornelsen
    jenncornelsen Posts: 969 Member
    Options
    If you added in exercise this week it is probably that. When you start a new workout program you often retain more water. Give it a bit of time and the weight will keep dropping!
  • Kathryn247
    Kathryn247 Posts: 570 Member
    Options
    iur8rh7o1x55.jpg
  • LyndaBSS
    LyndaBSS Posts: 6,964 Member
    Options
    uzovka wrote: »
    Thanks slimdownt, but that’s not it. I have been really good so far. Not even a treat. I weigh and log everything I eat....

Are you choosing the correct diary food choices from the database?
  • corinasue1143
    corinasue1143 Posts: 7,467 Member
    Options
    4 days? Really ! ??!
  • bcallieoop
    bcallieoop Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    If you're doing all of the things that usually work for you (i.e. logging food, exercise, drinking water, etc.), I'd stay off the scales for a few days. Weighing yourself is addictive and there are a lot of factors that can influence weight loss. Pick a day of the week for weighing in and make yourself NOT weigh in every day. I have a sticky note on my scale that says "Weigh-ins are on Fridays - Stay Off" (I have a tendency to want to weigh myself every day, but weight fluctuates by exercise, water retention and other factors.) Weighing in every day (or multiple times a day) can lead to discouragement. Hang in there!
  • kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    edited September 2019
    Options
    Hi. It’s only 2 weeks since I started (again) and my weight hasn’t changed since Sunday! It’s Thursday today. First week it was easy (as always) but why am I not loosing this second week? This time I exercise as well, not only calories watching. Surely I can’t be in starvation mode already. Any ideas?

Starvation mode isn't really a thing, certainly not for one week.

While there are some great ideas in this thread, none of them actually have to be happening here. Sometimes you have water weight fluctuations that cover up fat loss on the scale, that's just real life. You are looking for a trend over 6-8 weeks, then you can start figuring out what you are doing right and wrong.
    Unfortunately, weight loss isn't linear, it doesn't happen consistently in a straight line.

Check out the "Most Helpful Posts":

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10084670/it-is-unlikely-that-you-will-lose-weight-consistently-i-e-weight-loss-is-not-linear/p1

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1080242/a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants/p1
  • darklyndsea
    darklyndsea Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    It took me about a month before the scale started dropping. It was pretty worrying during that period, but eventually I did start to lose weight. If you're sure you're using the right entries when logging, and weighing everything, give it more time.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options

You haven't lost weight in 4 days...4 days...4 days. You don't lose weight in a linear fashion.
  • ElizabethKalmbach
    ElizabethKalmbach Posts: 1,416 Member
    Options
    ... I generally have to be extremely good with *everything* for about 3 months before I start losing weight. You probably won't be nearly as extreme as me (I have a number of medical conditions), but I can't even *imagine* seeing a change after working at weight loss for only 2 weeks.

You'll get there. Just keep after improving your lifestyle and keep your changes gradual and sustainable.