Ye
  • Cahgetsfit
    Cahgetsfit Posts: 1,912 Member
    Options
    yep
  • edickson76
    edickson76 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Maybe. Depends on what your goals are and where you’re starting from.
  • cupcakesandproteinshakes
    Options
    OP What’s you concern about bulking for 4-6 months? And why have you chosen this time frame, I’m curious?
  • pdmatthews
    pdmatthews Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    My view is the approach should be to get in as minimal surplus as possible for as slow gain as possible and then stay in that surplus for as long as possible. If you’re not happy at any point with fat gain take a 4-6 week break. Progress in gym is v important and you may need to increase cals over time if progress stalls out for a while. My opinion only I’d add...
  • capc30
    capc30 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I started bulking around 14-15 body fat I figure four and six months I would be at a higher body fat and wanna take a short mini cut to draw back some fat then reserve diet back up to a bulk again
  • PWHF
    PWHF Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    I'm about to start a 6-12 month depending on abs visibility, will probably take maintenance/cut months here and there to keep it in check.
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options
    It's definitely on the shorter side, depending on how much you gained it could work well. My first bulk was 5 months and I gained around 10lbs. It was good to get my feet wet. My most successful one was around 8 months though,
  • steveko89
    steveko89 Posts: 2,216 Member
    Options
    Starting at that BF% you're probably better off keeping it short/shorter as others have noted. Common advice for men is to start bulking closer to 10-12% and stop once you get to 15%. A lot of it depends on rate of gain too, if you're talking a narrow surplus for leaner gains, longer is probably better.
  • giancarlov1191
    giancarlov1191 Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    I agree with Steve above. Since you starter a little higher, you probably wont want to go too long, but that being said, time passes faster. I would go 4 months and see how your strength and weight has changed, along with your% fat, and then go from there
  • capc30
    capc30 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Yea my goal is to always be in a surplus for as long as possible and take the lean gains slow approach of 200-300 surplus. I figure I could take mini-cuts back and fourth if fat gain gets out of control .