Hi, I'm new here!

Options
I just joined a few minutes ago and I struggle with over eating and boredom eating.. any tips?

I'm 5'1 and 200 pounds my first goal is losing 30 pounds then maybe setting another goal.

Anyways, I am currently on a new job search and hopefully that will fill my time better.

Replies

• felicia2330
    felicia2330 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I just joined this a few days ago but find this so overwhelming I guess since is on my phone and everything is so small. There is so much to look at.
  • LyndaBSS
    LyndaBSS Posts: 6,964 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the community! <3

If you haven't already, read the stickies at the top of the getting started forum. Very informative and helpful.

Buy a food scale. Weigh everything you eat and log into the food diary.

Good luck with your journey!
  • StaciMarie2020
    StaciMarie2020 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I boredom eat also. Something I just recently figured out lol.

Find something else to do if you're bored. Make new habits like drinking a glass of water instead of eating something. Go for a walk. Plan a snack and stick to it. Identifying the habit is a big first step I think.
  • aracely2224
    aracely2224 Posts: 1,070 Member
    Options
    Welcome! MFP has helped me achieve my goals with the calorie count. I’m cheering for you!

You can do it! 🌺
  • MsOpus
    MsOpus Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Welcome. Your short term goals are a smart idea. I am also on the job hunt and got into working out to pass the time. Has helped a lot with boredom eating and has other added benefits. :D
  • Silentpadna
    Silentpadna Posts: 1,306 Member
    Options
    1. Echo: "Buy a food scale".
    2. Use the food scale.
    3. Enter everything.
    4. Don't rush.

Welcome!