Looking for some new friends

Options
Hello!

I just got back from a two week vacation and prior to which, I was doing great for almost 6 weeks, eating well and exercising daily. I lost a few inches and pounds! During vacation, I basically ate whatever I felt like having, we were in England and I was eager to try as many different foods as I could. Needless to say, i put on 3 pounds and I know I regained some inches around my belly. I've been back for 5 days now and I can't seem to break away from the "eating whatever I want" habit. I don't want to eat this way and I need to begin my work out routine again. With the holiday's drawing near, I'd like to reestablish my good habits before the holiday food takes hold and I can't break free!

I'm looking for some new friends to keep my motivated and excited to come on here and log in everyday.

A little about me:
Height: 5'2"
Highest weight: 145
CW: 131
First GW: 125
Second GW: 120
GW: 115

I'm vegetarian, my main form of working out is Dance Dance Revolution on medium to heavy difficulty. I also enjoy walking. I LOVE chocolate. I am engaged and would love to get fit and healthy for the big day and be able to have the desire and strength to maintain a healthy lifestyle. I enjoy photography, traveling and other forms of artistic expression. I also enjoy reading, mostly mystery or romance. If you have any good recommendations, please do let me know!

Looking forward to meeting you!
Jaimie

Replies

• nomerebutterfly
    nomerebutterfly Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    You had me at Dance Dance Revolution.
  • sej1990
    sej1990 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    yayyy someone else that does ddr that makes me feel alot better lol hey its a fun work out not boring like treadmills or elliptical's but i give u props on being a vegetarian i could never do that and chocolate its a girls best friend lol and btw u look great as is ik u can lose those pounds in no time :^)
  • aninamika
    aninamika Posts: 159
    Options
    Hey there girl!
    See if you can jump on a challenge that will kick you back into gear. Meanwhile feel free to add me - I'd love to hear what DANCE DANCE REVOLUTION is all about. I've got SLE (Lupus) and next month I'm moving into the vegetarian diet so am needing all the help I can get from those who are more experienced.

Chat soon :D
  • SheShe1987
    Options
    Hi Jaimie...another DDR fan...love it!!! I used to do it all the time...have no idea why I stopped, but I think I'll be getting back into it because it is one way to work out in a fun manner. Chocolate? Don't get me started!!! Let's just say I was allergic to it (mild reaction), but I ate enough of it as a child to build up immunity to it...it is one of my weaknesses. LOL
  • WachyBoo
    WachyBoo Posts: 37
    Options
    What is this DANCE DANCE REVOLUTION you speak of? Can a person of no co-ordination do this with little to no chance of injury? (humiliation if seen is expected, Ive done Zumba, I have no dignity left)
  • Missfitjeb
    Options
    Wow, so many responses so quickly! You all sound wonderful!

@ all of you DDR fans - I really took a liking to DDR when my guy bought a Cobalt Flux dance pad on ebay. What a fantastic investment! We have about 6 of the games so there's always something different to dance to!

@SheShe1987 - That's amazing that you actually built an immunity to something you were allergic to. I almost wish I was allergic to chocolate. I'm sure I'd find some other food to love, though.

@aninamika - DDR is a video game where you dance on a dance pad to a bunch of upbeat songs. It is a fantastic calorie burner and it always puts me in a great mood! Most games even have a work out mode that counts your calories for you and allows you to set goals and track your progress. Looking forward to talking about vegetarian things with you!

@sej1990 - Thanks for the kind words. I also thought I could never be a vegetarian because I truly did enjoy meat. Initially, I did it out of compassion for animals, and now it's evolved into doing it for animals, myself and the earth. I've been veggie for over 3 years now and I haven't looked back!

Looking forward to talking with all of you! Be well!
  • Missfitjeb
    Options
    @WachyBoo - DDR is a video game that you can do in your home if you have a playstation (Or xbox and wii offer games as well, I just prefer playstation). There are lots of different games available. You have a dance pad which connects to the system and the games are filled with upbeat music. Arrows go up the screen and you step on the arrows to the music as they reach the top of the screen. The difficulties are from Beginner to Heavy, which was great for me, because I really had no co-ordination whatsoever and as I played more often, I got better and better which resulted in an even greater calorie burn and more stamina.

As far as no injury, it depends. I've slipped off the dance pad (I have a Cobalt Flux, you wear shoes with it) and hurt my foot, and if you have bad knees, it isn't always the best option if you're using heavier difficulty levels. Otherwise, I've yet to have any serious injuries from it. There are soft dance pads available that make it easier on your knees, you play in your socks on those. I recommend them for beginners, but as you progress to harder levels, the soft pads tend to wear out and stop working, in my experience they just aren't worth it in the long run. However the Cobalt Flux pads are more expensive.
  • WachyBoo
    WachyBoo Posts: 37
    Options
    Ah I see! Thanks.

I tried eyetoy on PS. Lasted about 3 days. Not sure I want to outlay that much money if Im not going to use it. I might see if I can source one to try out.

To bad I didnt have this foresight before I got married...:laugh: