Random Pet Question

Options
JellyJaks
JellyJaks Posts: 589 Member
Do you save hi to your pet when it walks into a room or bless them when they sneeze?

I do and a few of my friends think it's strange. I say bless you to strangers on the street or in the store so why shouldn't my kitty be blessed? :smile:

Replies

• redraidergirl2009
    redraidergirl2009 Posts: 2,560 Member
    Options
    I talk to my gecko when he runs up to the front of the tank. He is cute. I think he understands what I say, he looks very smart
  • Johnnyswife
    Johnnyswife Posts: 1,447 Member
    Options
    We talk to our cat all the time.,..he meows back too like he understands us. Its hilarious!!
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    Absolutely!

It starts with pets and kisses for Shiloh as she acts all squirrely and excited. As we walk to the back yard, I unlatch the bird cage and say Hi to Frankie. After we watch Shiloh take a piss, we go upstairs to feed the fishies :)

And I talk to them all the time. I may not be sane, but I am honest.
  • BethGorton
    Options
    Yes.

I even go so far as to ask my cat questions. Either I think he's way smarter than he actually is, or I'm losing my mind.
  • CarlaRG
    CarlaRG Posts: 264
    Options
    I do. And my daughter says good night and bye every day. I mostly tell them to shut up. And move. :smile:
  • peachNpunkin
    peachNpunkin Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options
    My cat is my baby. I talk to him like he is human, and he answers. He's my little monkey.
  • catwrangler
    catwrangler Posts: 918 Member
    Options
    How often does kitty sneeze? Any discharge from eyes or nose? Coughing?

I talk to the animals all day long :ohwell:
  • eorlvr79
    Options
    I'm a dog groomer and I talk to my dogs at work like they are children...lol. My husband and I talk to our dogs at home the same way. They are like little people, and they do know what I say most of the time because they do what I tell them. When they are bad they go get in their kennel because they know it already.
  • sc1572
    sc1572 Posts: 2,309 Member
    Options
    of course! :D
  • Kalrez
    Kalrez Posts: 655 Member
    Options
    All. The. Time!

Since I quit my job a few months ago, I've been at home with my two cats all day. My boyfriend works 40-60 hours a week, so I only see him for a few hours a day before he goes to sleep. The only things I have to talk to are my cats.
  • alliecore
    alliecore Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    I talk to my Yorkie all the time. And whenever I go outside, I have to tell my lab/pit hey. :) Although one night I went out to feed her, and before I closed the door I absently said, "Night night, love you!" I had a bad cold. I have 3 kids. I was tired! And I reallllly hoped none of the neighbors were standing outside at that moment! :)
  • JellyJaks
    Options
    Yes.

I even go so far as to ask my cat questions. Either I think he's way smarter than he actually is, or I'm losing my mind.

This made me LOL. I actually ask my kitten questions too. She'll come up to me and meow and I'll ask her what she needs or wants...I think you're okay asking questions but if you start getting answers, that's the time to start worrying about your sanity.
  • Bridge_CG
    Bridge_CG Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    Heck yes I do! My dogs bring me toys when I get home from school. It's way cute and I bless them and talk to them as if they were real people. Haha. It's so sad.
  • JellyJaks
    Options
    How often does kitty sneeze? Any discharge from eyes or nose? Coughing?

I talk to the animals all day long :ohwell:

Naw she's okay. Most of the time the sneezing comes from running nose first into her water dish :laugh:
  • FaeryBaby
    FaeryBaby Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    I talk to my rabbits every day! They love the attention, and by their reactions to some of the things I say, I swear they understand English.
  • JDNOX
    JDNOX Posts: 619
    Options
    Do you save hi to your pet when it walks into a room or bless them when they sneeze?

I do and a few of my friends think it's strange. I say bless you to strangers on the street or in the store so why shouldn't my kitty be blessed? :smile:

I do that. Every morning when i come home my dog will stand on the stairs and i will kneel so it can give me a hug to welcome me home. She is a good friend.
  • methetree
    methetree Posts: 381
    Options
    My last two cats had a couple of songs I wrote for them... used to sing to them all the time....
    One of them would even come when you started in on his song...

I also sing to my dog... talk to him, bless him when he sneezes, greet him...

I feel like pets are part of the family so why shouldn't they be treated as such?
  • ACF2
    ACF2 Posts: 51
    Options
    Its not so bad talking to them- the real problems start when they start talking back to you like son of sams dog! KILL!!! KILLL!! KILLL THEM ALLLL!!!
  • lmarshel
    lmarshel Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    We have two dogs, and I talk to them constantly. When we leave the house, I always tell them to be good while we're gone, but they never listen. :(

I live when my puggle cocka her head at me like she's really paying attention.
  • Kym1610
    Kym1610 Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    I talk to both my cats and dogs, I even bargain with them and ask them questions. A bribe for the cats is usually if I give you this chickent/turkey (whatever) you are not allowed to try and follow me and the dogs on a walk...it generally works. One for the dogs might be, I can't take you for a walk today because of (insert excuse here, weather etc) instead we will play outside (undercover) for 30 minutes and we will go one a longer walk tomorrow. My fav question is usually is it time for dinner this seems to get the most energetic response.