Accountability partner? Feeling defeated

Options
Does anyone else feel like they have a really hard time staying on track without someone to be accountable to?

The last 2 years of calorie counting has sucked. I keep trying to start again and get in gear. It was easy when i was a stay at home mom.

Now i own a business and my daughter has started dancing competitively. And im just really struggling with being accountable to myself, because well....im accountable for business operations, household operations, finances for both, scheduling for both, and all this other crap..you would think my knack for planning and scheduling would roll over into this, but it just....isnt. i keep trying and im getting frustrated because i keep failing.

Im watching old habits creep in and my weight go up. Ive been thinking about a coach for months but decided to wait until we saw the total dance & dental bills for this season.

$11,500 for dance.
$10,750 in braces

So no coach for this mama this year. Maybe next :(

Sorry for the rant. Just needed a moment of catharsis for these frustrations.

Replies

• Berutiel91
    Berutiel91 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I can completely feel you!! I'm in the same boat, not too much money but next month I will go to gym... I realized that I can't lose weight without going to the gym. The gym keeps me motivated.. I run a business as well and in trying to dont eat while I work but just drink lattes... step by step
  • 88olds
    88olds Posts: 4,482 Member
    Options
    Maybe this, sticking close to what you’re currently doing, can you see any easy steps to make things better? What if a dedicated weight loss plan is too much right now? Can you make any modest changes to stop gaining?

Consider - 100 calories over your maintenance will get you gaining about 1 lb per month. A 100 deficit will get you losing about 1 lb per month. That 200 calorie range is a big difference. Can you just make a few better choices within your current routine?
  • Tori1205
    Tori1205 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I understand what you mean. I lost 162 pounds...reached my goal in 2014. Now I need to lose 26 pounds to get back to my goal. It’s hard....I started fasting two days a week. Getting my motivation going again. I sure don’t want to undo my progress anymore. I’m determined.
    If you’re interested, I’d be willing to be your accountable person, if you’ll be mine. We could message (or text) one another at the end of each day and go over how we did that day. Interested?