Day 1 - LESSGO

Options
Hey gang,

My name is Erin, but most of my friends call me Err - nice to e-meet you all!

My and weightloss have had a torrid love affair for as long as I can remember.

I was always overweight growing up, albeit a healthy, happy child.

By the time I hit my freshman year of college, I was over 200 lbs at 5'4.

I did the starvation thing, the binge thing, all of it. Had a terrible relationship with food, and my body.

Now, ten years later at 28, I'm ready to commit to health and my dreams. Signing up for MFP is my first step!

I'm going to Ireland in March, and would like to be 20lbs slimmer by then. A modest, moderate goal.

So today, a Friday, usually the kickoff to a weekend filled with food, will be my first day.

It'll be a tough weekend, as tonight kicks off festivities for my boyfriend's birthday!

But I'm committed, and most importantly, will be forgiving and understanding to myself, two major things I need.

Good luck to me on the beginning of my journey, and congrats to all of you, for persevering! We can do this :)

Replies

• janstewart62
    janstewart62 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Good Luck to you...you can do it...one day at a time....
  • girlwithcurls2
    girlwithcurls2 Posts: 2,262 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the mfp community! Be sure to read the stickies at the top of the forums. They're super helpful, usually written by wise members here who have so much to share. Starting on a Friday, your boyfriend's birthday, no less, is admirable. Why wait, right? You can do this! Be patient with yourself. There's a lot to learn. There are mistakes and missteps at times, but that's how it goes learning any new thing. You can do this. Congratulations on getting started!
  • maxPL215
    maxPL215 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Congratulation ! You are making an amazing change for yourself ! Feel free to add me ! I'd love to follow your journey !