Amazing low calorie version of Leek and Potato soup

Options
jo_marnes
jo_marnes Posts: 1,601 Member
Just made this as leeks were cheap this week, haha.

3 Cups chopped leek
2 Cups Cauliflower
2 Cups Broccoli
3 cloves garlic

Add all above to fry pan with 2 tsp olive oil. Fry 'til softened and add 3 cups water (stock would be great but I didn't have any), salt and pepper (to taste), 1 tsp wholegrain mustard and a dash (or 2) of worcester sauce. Cover and simmer for 30 mins. Blend. Enjoy!

I made 3 portions (as only had 2 containers!) but this is a big lot of soup so would easily serve 4 people. Crammed with healthy ingredients, very filling and my large portion was only 129 cals per serve!! WOW. Love having new stuff to try :-)

Replies

• monylove311
    monylove311 Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    Yum. : )
  • nomerebutterfly
    nomerebutterfly Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Yumm! Thanks for sharing!
  • LadyOfOceanBreeze
    LadyOfOceanBreeze Posts: 762 Member
    Options
    Just made this as leeks were cheap this week, haha.

3 Cups chopped leek
    2 Cups Cauliflower
    2 Cups Broccoli
    3 cloves garlic

Add all above to fry pan with 2 tsp olive oil. Fry 'til softened and add 3 cups water (stock would be great but I didn't have any), salt and pepper (to taste), 1 tsp wholegrain mustard and a dash (or 2) of worcester sauce. Cover and simmer for 30 mins. Blend. Enjoy!

I made 3 portions (as only had 2 containers!) but this is a big lot of soup so would easily serve 4 people. Crammed with healthy ingredients, very filling and my large portion was only 129 cals per serve!! WOW. Love having new stuff to try :-)

awesome sounding will try for sure, thank you!!!
  • sknopps
    sknopps Posts: 166
    Options
    bump. thanks!
  • JatieKo621
    JatieKo621 Posts: 425 Member
    Options
    Bump-
    sounds delicious! I love leeks!!