Gaining Instead of Losing. HELP!

Options
Hi All,
Hope you can help. I’ve been doing so well I’ve use the app religiously for 30 days. I’m working every day 10,000 steps. Meditation everyday and yoga once a week.

But in 30 days i’ve gone down a pound down, up a pound etc. Yesterday I weighed in and had gained 2 pounds! Getting a bit discouraged.

In analyzing it I think It looks like I’m using those extra exercise calories given. Is there anyway to turn those off on the app? I’d like to SEE the calories gained but I don’t want to have them added to my original calories each day.

HELP!

Jamie

Replies

• Clairin
    Clairin Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm not using the app that long but I think you just can change your settings?
  • nighthawk584
    nighthawk584 Posts: 2,003 Member
    Options
    Do you weigh everything on a food scale?
  • denyselc1
    denyselc1 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    2 pounds last week, one pound this week... gaining... going the wrong way!
    I did not change anything, starting to get discouraged... again...
  • GizmoDawn
    GizmoDawn Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Muscle weighs MUCH more than fat. So, while you've lost a pound, youre probably building more muscle as well which will make your weight seem off. You'll slim down visually, but your number will be misleading.
  • jessalittlemore
    jessalittlemore Posts: 65 Member
    edited September 2019
    Options
    1. Weigh everything on a food scale. So many times I thought my calories were accurate but measurements like cups are just too inaccurate.
    2. Weight fluctuates. Remember that you're not always going to go in a straight line down. As long as you're on top of your calories, don't stress! Right now you might just be carrying some water weight.

I've lost 56 lbs. in the last 9 months and it would go down and up and down and up and down and up... It's a zig-zag, but one with a downwards trajectory, and that's all that matters.
  • LyndaBSS
    LyndaBSS Posts: 6,964 Member
    Options
    GizmoDawn wrote: »
    Muscle weighs MUCH more than fat.

A pound of muscle and a pound of fat weigh the same.