hello

Options
Hello I am new to this but I need all the help I can get 3 weeks ago I had a heart attack on a business trip spent 5 days in the hospital. I realized at 39 I was headed for a train wreck so I made myself a promise that this time I would lose the weight. i have lost 14lbs in 3weeks but I am losing my motivation. I am a stress eater so it's hard because I have a stressful job. thanks for letting me vent

Replies

• kumarprabhat
    Options
    Welcome. Can understand your worry. But rest assured you are in right community now. :flowerforyou:

Now, 14lb in 3 weeks seems pretty steep to me, especially keeping in mind yoru recent health issue. You need to make it gradual. It will help with your eating issue too.

All the best.
  • MarieKae45
    MarieKae45 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Hi ~ i'm in the same boat. i have to get the weight off so i can be healthy and off the meds. don't give up ~ see this as a life change NOT a diet.

DIEt....= DIE. Heathly eating sustains you so you can live a long and happy life with your family. I understand a stressful job because i am right there with you. i am totally stubborn though and use that to beat back the cravings.
  • tifany2552
    Options
    Your health is the most important thing! Try changing up your snack and meal choices. Remember it's not a diet, it's a life style change. Make sure while the weather is nice, you'll take advantage and walk. I'm sure losing the weight felt good, so keep up the good work!! By the way...today is my first day on here!
  • MiaOrange
    MiaOrange Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Hello,

Wow, what a wake-up call?

Welcome to the site. You can add me as a friend :)
  • Hi. I'm glad that you have made it 3 weeks. I've been doing it for 2 days and I already feel like giving up. I stress eat and I boredom eat so I can understand that part. It's tough to get over and i'm still working on it. I need to replace the want to eat with something productive to keep it off my mind. Maybe that would work for you.

You can do it. :smile:

-Heather