personal trainer or anyone advice please!

Options
hey everyone my name is jessie and ive been a gym member for about 2 weeks now. im just wondering if i was doing it right or if anyone else has any better ideas on how to get me the way i want to be=]. i want to loose weight mostly in my stomach area and tone my whole body. i am 5'7 and weight 155lbs. i go to the gym 4 times a week. monday i do 30 min cardio and workout my shoulders and triceps, tuesday i do 30 min cardio and workout my back and abs, thursday i do 30 min cardio and workout my chest and bicepts, friday i do 30 min cardio and workout my legs. wednesday, saturday, and sunday i do an hour workout video, core rhythms, which is all cardio and stomach excercises. (great video by the way) so if theres any advise out there to help me out i would really appreciate it!
thanks, jessie=]:bigsmile:

Replies

• jessiemartin
    Options
    hey everyone my name is jessie and ive been a gym member for about 2 weeks now. im just wondering if i was doing it right or if anyone else has any better ideas on how to get me the way i want to be=]. i want to loose weight mostly in my stomach area and tone my whole body. i am 5'7 and weight 155lbs. i go to the gym 4 times a week. monday i do 30 min cardio and workout my shoulders and triceps, tuesday i do 30 min cardio and workout my back and abs, thursday i do 30 min cardio and workout my chest and bicepts, friday i do 30 min cardio and workout my legs. wednesday, saturday, and sunday i do an hour workout video, core rhythms, which is all cardio and stomach excercises. (great video by the way) so if theres any advise out there to help me out i would really appreciate it!
  • mrsyac2
    mrsyac2 Posts: 2,784 Member
    Options

just to stick to it- you can't target fat loss from certain areas- but cardio is great and so is strength training
  • tomyhealth
    Options
    I did find a personal trainer educational. I am learning new programs and mixing up my workouts. Does your gym have a free intro where you can meet with a trainer and they can tell you what the Gym offers?
  • johnblake
    Options
    stick to one plan for 30 days, you sound like your on the right track, what kind of food are you eating?
    your young so you will get into shape fast, watch you don't push to fast. after the first 30 days you can move to the next level. good luck
  • gnastro
    gnastro Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    Hi Jessie,
    It is great that you have been at the gym for 2 weeks. Typically it takes 6 weeks to a see a change in your body. You can't lose just in a specific area. You will lose allover and eventually the area you want. I would up the cardio to 45min to an hour. Slowly work your way up to that 5-6 days a week.
    Watch the amount of carbohydrates you have after 4 p.m., for dinner my carbs are just vegetables. Your stomach will appear to be flatter. Stay away from white starches. No white rice, no white bread. Everything must be whole wheat .My trainer gave me this advice years ago it really does work.
    Hope this advice helps you.
  • greeneggsam
    Options
    You might want to build in a rest day so you don't get too tired, but you are alternating muscles groups, which is good. However, instead of doing *just* shoulders and triceps one day, trying working your whole upper body. Or, at least, if you work your triceps, work your biceps as well, chest and back, etc.
  • jessiemartin
    Options
    stick to one plan for 30 days, you sound like your on the right track, what kind of food are you eating?
    your young so you will get into shape fast, watch you don't push to fast. after the first 30 days you can move to the next level. good luck

good question im not really dieting because i wasnt sure what to eat and what not to eat. but i want to start a pretty strick diet which includes no white bread, low sugars, and eat around 1300 cals. a day. any advice?
  • johnblake
    Options

good question im not really dieting because i wasnt sure what to eat and what not to eat. but i want to start a pretty strick diet which includes no white bread, low sugars, and eat around 1300 cals. a day. any advice?
    well I watch what I eat like you said no white bread, no fast food sweets to once a week.
    why are you trying to go so strick?