Hello

Options
Skycosmo
Skycosmo Posts: 4 Member
edited September 2019 in Introduce Yourself
Hi - I had the sleeve surgery on Aug 14th and so far I'm down 37lbs. I have a LONG way to go, but so grateful for this fitnesspal tool. I'm able to log everything and for the first time I'm aware of everything I'm putting in my body. This is not an easy thing to do as I realize I have been seriously addicted to food . . .but it's great to feel like I'm making progress. It's crazy how the scale doesn't budge sometimes. I'm trying to keep it in perspective. I'm almost 2 months out from surgery.

Replies

• forestfreek
    forestfreek Posts: 5,770 Member
    Options
    Welcome!
    I’m sure there are many of us here that can relate to being food addicts. You’re not alone. Good step coming here and logging your food 😊
  • runningjen74
    runningjen74 Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    You may have a long way to go, but you've started and made some great progress. Stick with it!
  • LyndaBSS
    LyndaBSS Posts: 6,964 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the community! <3

If you haven't already, read the stickies at the top of the getting started forum. Very informative and helpful.

Buy a food scale. Weigh everything you eat and log into the food diary.

Good luck with your journey!
  • faithk256
    faithk256 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Congrats!! I myself had gastric bypass surgery 5 1/2 months ago. Down -78.6 lbs so far.
  • Skycosmo
    Skycosmo Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone! Yes, I bought a scale and I log EVERYTHING! I've also started an exercise regimen. Great to leverage this tool.
  • PTA4LYF
    PTA4LYF Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    i recently had the duodenal switch on sept 9th and started my pre- op diet on aug 26th im currently down a total of 42 pounds and i am totally of my diabetes medication my blood sugar has been in the normal range for 3 weeks now!!!
  • PTA4LYF
    PTA4LYF Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    anyone here can add me