Been stuck on a plateau for a very long time feel like giving up.

Options
Long story short I started my weight loss journey five years ago and manager to lose 20+ pounds. I went from 150 to 123 pounds. Lets just say it was not very healthy and I ate 1200 calories a day but hey I did lose the weight. So I went to college and forgot about dieting for a little while and gained like 5 pounds then I went back to my 1200 calories diet and managed to keep my weight at 125 ish.

A lot has happend in my life and now I am 130 pounds. I want to go back to at least 120. I know majority of you guys will say I don't need to diet etc my weight is healthy, but I just want to be 120 pounds that is where I look the most fit and right now I don't look fit at all ( i have flabby arms stomach etc). I started cutting to 1200 two weeks ago and from 133, I went down to 130 pounds.

This week I was on the 1200 calorie a day and I did not lose a single pound and my weight is stuck on 130. I work out 6 days a week and do Transformation 20 by Shaun T that also recommends that in order for me to lose weight on the program I should eat 1200 (The workouts are only 20 minutes but it gets your heart pumping). I have never joined gym in my life and I have always worked out at home.

I have been trying to get from 130 to 125 since the past 4 months but the scale just wont move.

My Stats
5 feet 6in
130.7 lb

What I usually eat in a day at 1200 calories ( I measure out everything to make sure is 1200 calories by the way)
Breakfast : Oatmeal and coffee with creamer and truvia sugar or a butter roll with coffee

Lunch - Boca Burger with whole wheat pita bread and an apple

Snack- Cup of coffee with 2 splendas and creamer and 4 dates or some almonds

Dinner- I make an omelette with 2 eggs and eat it with bread or these instant noodles ( https://www.google.com/search?q=maggi+instant+noodles&rlz=1C1CHBF_enUS868US868&tbm=isch&source=iu&ictx=1&fir=68JvdECYfTG4HM%3A%2C1s_grAx4sXaKbM%2C_&vet=1&usg=AI4_-kSEjEFdGUE5Ag5YPnXjI0yG9bLY9A&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwj6q6OYivnkAhUxmuAKHfMlA7wQ9QEwAHoECAUQBg#imgrc=68JvdECYfTG4HM: )

Can someone tell me how I can lose weight again.

Replies

• ku140
    ku140 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Honestly, please add some nutrition in your diet. Replace the calories in your cream and fake sugars with fruits and vegetables!

Also, I think you are at a place where you should add in some strength training.

I really think you should focus on eating nutritionally, strength training, and some cardio for heart fitness.

Those last 10-15 lbs can be extremely slow to come off. I think you have a better chance at long term fitness if you focus a little less on the scale at this point, and more at fueling your body well. There are a lot of great workouts you can do to gain strength, just from your home and using your body weight.
  • LiLee2018
    LiLee2018 Posts: 1,389 Member
    Options
    You're 5'6" and 130lbs. That sounds like a healthy size.
    Start doing some strength training and you'll probably see your body change more as you get fitter.
  • Redordeadhead
    Redordeadhead Posts: 1,188 Member
    Options

I started cutting to 1200 two weeks ago and from 133, I went down to 130 pounds.

I have been trying to get from 130 to 125 since the past 4 months but the scale just wont move.

Both of these things can't be true.

I suspect a big part of your problem is patience: at a healthy weight (which you are) and with little to lose, you should be aiming to lose 0.5lb per week and will not necessarily lose weight every single week, because weight loss doesn't work like that and there are fluctuations due to hormones, sodium intake, travel, hydration, waste etc.

I agree with the strength training advice above, as it sounds like you want to see a change in shape and body composition.
  • VeroniqueBoilard
    VeroniqueBoilard Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    The intense exercise program can also add lots of water weight. Take pictures and mesurements with tape. You should focus on health and strenght, not weight.