Diastasis recti

Options
docooh53
docooh53 Posts: 1 Member
While attempting to workout, i noticed an unusual bulge just above my navel. I became very concerned and went to see my physician. I was diagnosed with diastasis recti and was told that my muscles had separated. My doctor informed me that it’s not a hernia and with proper guidance I can strengthen these muscles again.
I’m 65 years old in fairly good shape and am reaching out to anyone who can help me strengthen and tone these muscles.
Thanks in advance!

Replies

• toxicslix
    toxicslix Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Hey there! My doc said the same thing although to be sure, he's sending me to get an ultrasound. I'm 52 and started doing a kickboxing class a year ago, which I think made the issue worse. I didn't notice the problem before as I was a couch potato!! I also got a script for Physio. DR is a common issue in men that have the belly fat but is more common in Women that had babies. Check out some of their workout routines after pregnancies. Muscle groups are pretty much the same to help ease back into targeting the smaller ab muscles. Also check out a Physio therapist with specialized training in that. You certainly don't want to make it worse. I'm relatively new to MFP, so drop me a line and add as a friend! I'd love to keep in touch to see how your story pans out. I'm just started working out a bit and will let you know how mine unfolds!!