Any other working mothers want to be friends?

Options
starbound2001
starbound2001 Posts: 22 Member
edited September 2019 in Introduce Yourself
Hi, I’m a wife and mother of 2 girls (4 and 18 months) and I work full time. I’m looking to lose another 90 pounds.

I don’t think losing weight is any harder with kids than it is without, it’s just hard period. But it does look different for us working mamas. No gym workouts for me :)

Just looking for some other gals with similar goals and lifestyle to be friends with. I’m pretty introverted in real life, so I don’t have a well defined support system.

Replies

• aracely2224
    aracely2224 Posts: 1,070 Member
    Options
    Hi! MFP has helped me achieve my goals with the calorie count. I’m cheering for you!

You can do it! 🌺
  • waveringparagon
    waveringparagon Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Working mom here as well. I am always down for a new friend nad someone to lend a chat or vent session when needed.
  • forestfreek
    forestfreek Posts: 5,770 Member
    Options
    Full time career and single mom here!
    Yep - there are definite challenges that are specific to moms (and all parents). Just even finding the energy to workout is challenging for me....lol.
    Sending you a FR😊
  • nrs101364
    nrs101364 Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    Working full time mom here...sent you a FR.
  • forestfreek
    forestfreek Posts: 5,770 Member
    Options
    @nrs101364 - Hey!! You’re a word game buddy so I’m sending you a FR😊

• starbound2001
    Options
    Thanks for all the friends requests ladies. I’m looking forward to getting to know you all. Hopefully we can support each other in a successful journey to better health.
  • kdown212
    kdown212 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi ladies!! Looking to join your group!! I have about 60 pounds to lose! I have 3 kids and 2 full time jobs..got the motivation I needed to get started when my husband told me he wished I was a thin as his girlfriend.. so I’m off to a great start, 230 pounds lighter!! Haha revenge is my motivation now :) I don’t know how to send any friend requests tho :/
  • Jellygrl
    Jellygrl Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Morning ladies, also looking for friends to help me along the way. I'm a full time working mum, my youngest is in her late teens. Will send FR.
  • ro175
    ro175 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Mum of 4, in full-time work. Feel free to add me.
  • starbound2001
    Options
    The only time I have to workout seems to be after my kids go to bed. I just can’t seem to make myself get up 30 minutes earlier to do it 🤷‍♀️
  • maxwellsarah312
    maxwellsarah312 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Me!! Working mom too. I did go to part time but it’s still 3-4 days a week. Yes kids make everything harder but they are so worth it!! I don’t know how to request people yet.
  • maxwellsarah312
    edited October 2019
    Options
    Star bound it’s bc you probably are sleep deprived. Get all the rest you can get. We can’t lose weight if we don’t get sleep. Well, it makes it more difficult I’ve read. I try to workout WITH my boys. They laugh watching me dance and want to dance with me or have me pick them up while dancing and that really gets a sweat going!!
  • 87karolina
    87karolina Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi Ladies

I have a 8 month old. I'm studying full time from home. I want to lose 50kg after the pregnancy but not sure how to start. I tried going gym and doing light weights but still feel pain after c section. Any advice? Feel free to add me =) I want to try to lose weight through calorie control
  • maxwellsarah312
    edited October 2019
    Options
    Karolina when was your c section? Don’t even think about anything that is physical labor till 11-12 weeks. Not even vacuuming!!! Oh says 8 months. Maybe see your Dr to make sure everything healed okay or hasn’t torn in one area? Or maybe just try walking at first.