New today!

Options
Got full hip replacement 2 weeks ago and need to lose 30lb’s I gained from being in pain from the accident. I’m planning on using MFP to track food and Vshred for workouts. I’ve never put myself on a diet or regimen, so this is truely day one or re-birthday I’m calling it. Any advice or tips appreciated! Denver CO.

Replies

• s131951
    s131951 Posts: 3,776 Member
    Options
    Welcome. I'm sure someone will have some advice from experience. I wish you luck!
  • bearsbulls85
    bearsbulls85 Posts: 7 Member
    edited October 2019
    Options
    Hello good luck to you.
    [edited by MFP mods]
  • khaledghandour
    khaledghandour Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Hi there
    As long as your hip replacement won't allow you to losa weight by exercise...so I recommend use Keto dite to lose 30 pounds as soon as possible
  • MarissaRiv23
    MarissaRiv23 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    Hello!

I have found carb cycling worked well for me. I lost 100lbs with low carb/ carb cycling and going to the gym 5 times a week. If you need any motivation or advice, feel free to add me or message me. Best of luck to you!
  • LyndaBSS
    LyndaBSS Posts: 6,964 Member
    edited October 2019
    Options
    Welcome to the community! ❤

If you haven't already, read the stickies at the top of the getting started forum.

I've had both knees and one hip replaced. Exercise will tone you up but weight loss is created by being in a calorie deficit. Throw yourself into your physical therapy for your hip. Don't worry about other exercise right now. Your hip also needs rest and icing.

Buy a food scale. Weigh everything you eat and log into the food diary.

Good luck with your journey!
  • PiscesIntuition
    PiscesIntuition Posts: 1,365 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! There are many helpful message threads here. Use the search box too for older messages that may help!
  • aracely2224
    aracely2224 Posts: 1,070 Member
    Options
    Welcome! MFP has helped me achieve my goals with the calorie count. I’m cheering for you!

You can do it! 🌺