Argh, diet destroying bank holiday weekends!!

Options
Why, do bank holiday weekend completely wreck all your best laid plans but on the other hand remotivate people to work twice as hard come tuesday!?

Replies

• CristineD
    CristineD Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    My weekend diary got so ugly that I stopped logging...and true to what you say, I was up at 6am doing 30DS before the rest of the family got up! :laugh:
  • trud72
    trud72 Posts: 1,912 Member
    Options
    no no no ... thats what i always used to think about bbq's and i love my bbq's!
    i have sorted it out so i can still do my pigging out act at them and still have cals left over at the end of the day!
    try to plan ahead for it and you will get there!
  • helloburger
    helloburger Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    Same im ready for it. getting healthy now, but sometimes you need a break to remind yourself why you want to be healthy. Like I had mc donalds as a treat for myself. FELT SO ILL. so I now know why im trying to be healthy etc.
  • hush7hush
    hush7hush Posts: 2,273 Member
    Options
    Uh, what's a bank holiday weekend?
  • MummaSue
    MummaSue Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    lol! so true ... think it's about relaxing and maybe sodium? My weight's up this morning and I was doing so well :O(
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    i was up a poud due to about 3500 cals worth of alcohol!!! it was fun tho!!!!
  • kelda_shelton
    Options

A public holiday here in the UK. Many people had yesterday off their work.

I was in center Parcs for the weekend with a group of friend so I pigged out and drank a lot.. I did go over my 1390 calories goal but I was doing sooo much exercise that I haven't put on anything!
  • SuperScrabbleGirl
    SuperScrabbleGirl Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    Free Monday off in the UK.

Yeah... mine wasn't fun. You know what I really have a problem with? When you decide to have a treat, you sort out your cals so you've got enough left and then you go out for food and it sucks. I had the worst chinese ever on Sunday. So disappointing and a massive waste of my cals.

Anyway, sod it, it's over now.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Free Monday off in the UK.

Yeah... mine wasn't fun. You know what I really have a problem with? When you decide to have a treat, you sort out your cals so you've got enough left and then you go out for food and it sucks. I had the worst chinese ever on Sunday. So disappointing and a massive waste of my cals.

Anyway, sod it, it's over now.

i hate it when that happens... it happened to me with a slice of chocolate fudge cake, it was just dry and horrible and not even warm all the way through, such a waste!!
  • Bronc1
    Bronc1 Posts: 10
    Options
    Totally know where your going with that. There is nothing worse than when you decide to jump off the wagon for food that is completely under par, not to mention that it leads to craving more junk.
  • CARNAT22
    CARNAT22 Posts: 764 Member
    Options
    I messed up big time this weekend!

I was over Fri, Sat, Sun and Mon (Sunday I was almost 1000 cals over!!!)

I have not eaten this badly since I signed up here... I mess up now and then but not 4 days in a row!!

I feel guilty, and I am so annoyed with myself BUT I am going to stay positive. I am back on track today... looking forward to working out later.

12 days until holiday so as long as I stick to my plan I should be fine!
  • Yarrum84
    Yarrum84 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    My biggest tip is to have weigh-in days on a Monday. That way you do your best on the weekend as you know what around the corner lol.

People who weigh in on Fridays or Saturdays tend to then go overboard on the weekend thinking 'I've got all week to take this off' lol.

Good luck :)
  • lcarter25
    lcarter25 Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    I went over by 1500 these past 3 days I don't feel bad or guilty I will just work a little harder n the week.

Its life some times you will go over its how you handle it that is the issue
  • SuperScrabbleGirl
    SuperScrabbleGirl Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    My biggest tip is to have weigh-in days on a Monday. That way you do your best on the weekend as you know what around the corner lol.

People who weigh in on Fridays or Saturdays tend to then go overboard on the weekend thinking 'I've got all week to take this off' lol.

Good luck :)

Yes! I've just started doing this, but to be honest, it didn't help that much this weekend. I'll stick to it though. Somehow I managed to lose 2 pounds though, so I'm just going to exercise my *kitten* off and cross my fingers!