Pcos what should I be eating??

Options
hey all
I have pcos iv read a few times on here about what u should or shouldn't eat?
Should I be cutting back on carbs? I seem to just look at food and put weight on !

Any advice would be fab! Thank you!

Replies

• RachelT14
    RachelT14 Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    I have heard people say to cut the carbs but that doesnt actually make any difference for me. I find what works best is a very balanced diet, plenty of pulses and veg and as little processed food as possible. I do eat pasta, bread and potatoes, pasta maybe twice a week and potoes only once. I do eat bread most days though but i always stick to the brown/wholemeal types where i can. I have lost weight doign this since i joined MFP and also when i ate this waya coupld of years ago i lost 3 stone, i only put it back on after 3 difficult pregnancies
  • beatlemom
    beatlemom Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    I eat less carbs, but have not eliminated them from my diet. I have cut out white sugar and do my best to avoid foods with high fructose corn syrup or other sugars.. I try to stick to a diabetic type diet. Some people have luck with a lower GI tpe diet as well. I changed my macronutrient goals to 40% carbs, 30% protein and 30% fat. It seems to work for me. Good luck!
  • akgary
    akgary Posts: 52
    Options
    my gf has pcos and had great results with weight watchers she lost 83lbs and of course exercise:)
  • fairyrock
    Options
    Thank you!!
  • summertime_girl
    summertime_girl Posts: 3,945 Member
    Options
    Low glycemic index foods are the best. I count calories (obviously!) but try to stick with complex carbs and proteins.