Wedding weight loss

Options
Hi I am Jas and I am getting married in 18 months.
My other half loves me, tells me I am beautiful, sexy etc and I know not only does he love me just as I am he would also think I look amazing on our wedding day just as I am........I on the other hand dont.

So the plan is to loose as close to 70kg as I can before my measuring for my dress in 11 months! Wish me luck :)

Replies

• andiimarie
    andiimarie Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Good luck! I just got married and May and although I tried to lose weight before the wedding, I ended up gaining! Try not to let the pressure get to you and remember that the most important part of what you are doing is that you are getting healthier. The scale may not always show what you want, but you will be healthier in this new lifestyle.
  • taso42_DELETED
    taso42_DELETED Posts: 3,394 Member
    Options
    That's an aggressive goal. Good luck to you. Don't put too much pressure on yourself to lose exactly 70 kg. Make short terms goals, like losing 1kg per week or so, and transform yourself into someone with healthy habits along the way. Believe me, you will be much happier and healthier 18 months down the line if you've developed a solid diet and fitness routine and lost less than 70kg, than how you would feel if you you lost all 70 too rapidly.
  • PANZERIA
    PANZERIA Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    Ooh, I wish you luck!

I'm getting married next September, so I definitely can understand! =D

Since it's your wedding, I say you should treat yourself to a personal trainer session (or, if you can afford it, regular sessions) and maybe even a dietitian session if that's something else that you want to change. Either that or join one of the recreation complex's. They usually have great camps that you can go to for free if you're a member, and at the same time, you can still use the gym itself for a cheap fee.

Also, professional gyms tend to give "bridal bootcamps" for a few months out of the year, or will give a bridal discount.

Shop around!

ALSO!!! (that's right, there's more!!! Hehe) before you shop for your dress, go through and imagine a realistic goal for yourself. You can always have the gown taken in if needed, but having the dress be a certain size is a great motivator.

I WISH YOU LUCK!!!!
  • chrissiemissie
    Options
    I can recommend this for wedding weightloss - it's not a punishing starvation diet but one that helps you up the intake of antioxidants so you lose weight and shine. I used it and was really happy with the results. http://www.spoonfedsuppers.com/healthy-eating/healthy-diet/wedding_weightloss">wedding weightloss
  • violetfire80
    Options
    Thanks everyone for the support!
  • youngmum
    Options
    Good luck! Feel free to add me if you'd like to, I'm engaged & getting married this November. I think it is a good goal to want to start married life feeling fit and looking fabulous.