The Last 10 Pounds Club - Wanna Join Me?

Options
Okay, so I've been fighting with the ubiquitous "last 10 pounds" for the past year. I was actually BELOW my goal weight about a year-and-a-half ago, tried to maintain the weight and lost total control. I ended up gaining 15 pounds, am down 2 now and hope to lose at least 10 to get to my first goal.

I plan on doing a weekly weigh-in every Saturday morning. If you're into joining me, I'd love the company! As a former Weight Watchers devotee, I really think there's something to team work.

Hope you'll come along!! The first weigh-in is in 2 days!!

Lisa

49858.png
Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Replies

• lovesdaisies
    Options
    Okay, so I've been fighting with the ubiquitous "last 10 pounds" for the past year. I was actually BELOW my goal weight about a year-and-a-half ago, tried to maintain the weight and lost total control. I ended up gaining 15 pounds, am down 2 now and hope to lose at least 10 to get to my first goal.

I plan on doing a weekly weigh-in every Saturday morning. If you're into joining me, I'd love the company! As a former Weight Watchers devotee, I really think there's something to team work.

Hope you'll come along!! The first weigh-in is in 2 days!!

Lisa

49858.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • hmo4
    hmo4 Posts: 1,673 Member
    Options
    Hi Lisa! I know there is a group started similar to yours, but I'm in! Frustrated, loss of motivation is where I've headed-I've lost my MOJO! Yes Banks, I read your post and I get it, don't worry.:laugh: So Saturday is the day? Do we report to you or what's the plan?:wink:
  • asm2108
    Options
    I would love to join - I am looking for new ways to keep up my motivation!
    :smile:
  • Mickie17
    Mickie17 Posts: 559 Member
    Options
    I'm in! Do we want to come up with a challenge for each other to do each week? Or something fun????:happy:
  • student09
    Options
    Hi, Over the last one year due to stress of finishing up school, I gained ~ 13 lbs. I now need to lose 10 of those! I have started going to gym over the last three weeks. I started at ~25 mints and now am at 40 minutes of cardio (treadmil/elliptical/arc-trainer) for 3 times a week. I follow this with a 15 minute core body workout. My goal for this week is to go 4 times.
    I personally find that the biggest inertia is in the decision of telling myself to go to gym and the first 7-10 minutes on machine. After that the inertia is broken and rythm sets in. I do hope though I can keep that rythm going for next couple of weeks !!
    Good luck to all of you :)
  • lovesdaisies
    Options
    So glad you guys have joined the group! I couldn't find a group for the last 10 (there are tons of groups on this board!) but glad to hear there is at least one more like this . Doesn't hurt to have another, right??

Yes, Mickie, let's try to think of something to challenge ourselves every week. I'm just getting back on track so I do about a 30 minute walk at work every day, do my stair stepper at night in front of the TV for about 10 minutes then various weight and floor exercises.

I weighed in this morning and was 1 pound down from my last weigh-in - 3 pounds down from last week - so I'm thrilled.

So let's make Saturdays our weigh-in day and just reconvene here then. If we need support in the meantime, let's make a pact to be here for each other!! My biggest weakness is night time. Especially when I'm stressed out of depressed about something. Even if no one's listening, I'll post my weak moments and hope that I can stop myself from binging.

Thanks!!! Looking forward to this!!

Lisa
  • lovesdaisies
    Options
    Student -

Pretty amazing that you're up to 40 minutes of cardio!! Keep it up! Much better than I'm doing, I'm afraid - but you can be our inspiration!!

You're right about getting past the first 7 to 10 minutes. I find that once I'm into it, it's easy to continue.

Anyway, keep up the good work!!
  • Mickie17
    Options
    CHALLENGE THROWDOWN!!!!

I am challenging everyone to 65 minutes of exercise each day this week. It can be mix & match, whatever you want, and you can do a little at a time....but by the time we go to bed everynight, let's have 65 minutes under our belts! Sound good everyone?
  • hmo4
    hmo4 Posts: 1,673 Member
    Options
    CHALLENGE THROWDOWN!!!!

I am challenging everyone to 65 minutes of exercise each day this week. It can be mix & match, whatever you want, and you can do a little at a time....but by the time we go to bed everynight, let's have 65 minutes under our belts! Sound good everyone?

Definetly in! Love the way you proposed the challenge!
  • 1Corinthians13
    1Corinthians13 Posts: 5,296 Member
    Options
    I have the last 5 pounds - can I join too?

And I'm in on the 65 minutes everyday! Go us!
  • Mickie17
    Options
    Oh man...it's a good thing I did that...I almost cut my walk short today....but squeezed in an extra 10 in between rain showers. :happy: Whoo Hoo!!! I'm DONE for tonight! 70+ minutes in today!!!
  • lovesdaisies
    Options
    Yes Mickie, I'm in, too! And yes, Corinthians, of course you can join!

My exercise is primarily 20 minutes walking after lunch at work each day, 10 minutes of my air stepper (a great thing I bought, by the way, at Target!), then 30 minutes of mixed arm weights, leg bands, crunches, leg lifts and squats. I do just about the same thing every day.

Today, however, I was on my feet all day at a press conference, so most likely I'll just get crunches in before going to bed. I'm counting the 8 hours on my feet as 65 minutes of exercise! :-)

Glad we're all "My Fitness Pal" friends!

Lisa
  • lovesdaisies
    Options
    Almost slipped up tonight, but stopped myself (ish). I didn't even hit my 1200 calories for the day but came darned close to going way over.

Anyway, just wanted to confess. Just coming off of a 3 month food binge where I gained a fair amount of weight, I don't want to go back there again. It's so hard.
  • gilly88
    gilly88 Posts: 114
    Options
    i'm in too! have between 5 and eight lbs to lose and would LOVE some support! also will be good to know that i have some people to report to every saturday haha!

i'm in on the 65 minute front - off the the gym now!

thanks!
  • stillkristi
    stillkristi Posts: 1,135 Member
    Options
    Hi you all. I just thought I would drop in to see how the other half lives. :wink:

Good luck to all of you! What a great challenge, to be working on the last ten lbs. I was pretty excited to lose the first ten lbs. :bigsmile:
  • gilly88
    Options
    OK here is the first check in for Saturday I guess!
    I am down 0.4lbs since my last weigh in, but actually the same as last week. thats ok though as am only trying to lose 1/2 lb per week and have just upped cals for two weeks to break a plateau - think my body is stil adjusting! (plus i cheated yesterday woops!)
    how did u all go?
  • gilly88
    Options
    OK here is the first check in for Saturday I guess!
    I am down 0.4lbs since my last weigh in, but actually the same as last week. thats ok though as am only trying to lose 1/2 lb per week and have just upped cals for two weeks to break a plateau - think my body is stil adjusting! (plus i cheated yesterday woops!)
    how did u all go?

i mean that i am down .4lbs since wednesday, but the same weight as last saturday!!
  • cjm0014
    cjm0014 Posts: 118
    Options
    Hope its not too late....Im SOO in.

AND it just happens to be saturday morning:happy:
    soooo here i am.. i weigh 140 on the dot. (would like to weigh 130 on the dot! :laugh: ) so i guess this group is perfect!! goodluck everyone looking forward to hearing from you all!
  • Mickie17
    Options
    CHALLENGE CHECK-IN--65 minutes of some kind of exercise each day

I did it...and I'm so glad we had this challenge because I had two really hard days this week where I almost threw in the towel. But, because I committed myself to the challenge, I kept going...and filled in my extra time with HULA HOOPING on those days!!! My family thought I had lost my marbles, but I found it boosted my spirits!!!! Yesteday I got in a mega workout...gained back a pound though....but I'm hoping my muscles are retaining water because I did a lot of strength moves.

How did everyone else do this week?:smile:
  • lovesdaisies
    Options
    Mickie, you're amazing! I must admit, I didn't get 65 minutes in each day, but I'm going to make a conscientious effort to do it this week. I'm adding little fun things like hula hooping and bike riding (I'm fortunate enough to live in So Cal where it's sunny right now and I can ride my bike!). Next Saturday I hope to report that I mastered the 65 minutes of exercise.

Meanwhile, I haven't weighed in yet today, but will do so shortly. I'm sort of afraid because I'm "in a womanly way" today and am afraid the bloating is going to throw my weight off. Just this week, I was going to wait until Monday. What do you think I should do??? I've been diligent all week, so in that regard my weight should be at least what it was last week, but I'm hoping for a pound or two down in the opposite direction!

Onward and upward! Glad you're all a part of this!!! And welcome all new "members"!