Alternatives to chocolate (and all that bad stuff)

Options
2»

Replies

• artsymel
    Options
    i totally agree with that !!!
  • lynn1982
    lynn1982 Posts: 1,439 Member
    Options
    I eat an ounce of 85% dark chocolate almost every day. It's very rich so I can't eat more than an ounce or two.
  • lynn1982
    lynn1982 Posts: 1,439 Member
    Options
    Or if you don't want any calories, a friend of mine swears by drinking chocolate chili tea to curb her chocolate cravings.
  • Parslee
    Parslee Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I refuse to give up chocolate. Every day I have one or two squares of the Co-Ops dark chocolate flavoured with orange oil and spices - very intense flavour. I keep it in the fridge then break it into small pieces, and let one piece at a time dissolve slowly in my mouth to get that wonderful chocolate hit :-)) mmmm......'scuse me, off to the fridge :-))
  • Bluestar083
    Options
    I don't eat milk chocolate (and I love it!) as I can't just eat one row, but an entire small block. So I eat dark chocolate. Still get my chocolate fix but only eat 6 pieces (110 calories). I get Black and Green's organic Mayan with a twist of spice and orange. Nibble on it while drinking peppermint tea and YUM everyday I get a chocolate fix :)
    Oh edited to add that I keep it in the fridge (freezing it makes it lose its taste) and it takes longer to eat when its cold.
  • kysassyblonde1
    Options
    Post makes some really good cereal bars but if chocolate is what you crave try the cocoa pebbles treats only 90 calories and really chocolate!!!!!
  • 2dayirun4me
    2dayirun4me Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    I do Sugar free- fat free instant pudding with sugar free cool whip. 55 calories for 1/2 cup :love:

or a low fat protein shake with some ice in a blender just like a chocolate milkshake :heart: :drinker: :heart:
  • armaretta
    armaretta Posts: 851 Member
    Options
    Ghiradelli sells little individually wrapped dark chocolate squares. They are usually lower in sugar and fat than milk chocolate and about 55cals a piece. Just one is usually enough to calm the choco-beast inside me, at least til the next day :smile:
  • Jill_newimprovedversion
    Options
    Peanut Butter and Co. makes Dk Choc. Dreams Peanut Butter- It's been my lifesaver.
    I seldom eat more than a 1/2 serving ( which is 2 Tbsp., 1 is PLENTY for me)

My favorite snacks to add it to:

Quaker Caramel Rice cakes
    Thomas Triple Health English Muffin- toasted and spread while warm- tastes like a gooey choc chip cookie.

Also:

Freeze Hershey's Special Dark miniatures (don't know the info on it)
    or Pearson's Mint Patties (5 pieces+150 cal.)
  • michaelachallis
    michaelachallis Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    i wouldn't cut out chocolate completely if you love it maybe just switch it up for a high quality chocolate with 75% cocoa content or higher, i have 85% dark organic chocolate every day, if find i can't eat more than a few bits because it is really rich which is useful for portion control.
  • freeloaves
    freeloaves Posts: 281
    Options
    I can go a week without having any, then sometimes I'll have it 1x a day. Atm, all I crave is reeces pieces *drool*

So I just walk past the dairy. If I find I'm still craving once I walk past and get to destination, I get it/dark choco and share with someone.