Wanna go hiking?

Options
I’d like to go on a beginners hike but don’t want to go it alone. It would be fun if a few people would like to join me, say, on a Saturday or Sunday afternoon. Any takers so we could arrange the best time and place?

Replies

• LyndaBSS
    LyndaBSS Posts: 6,964 Member
    Options
    This is a public forum. Please use extreme caution if you are planning on meeting anyone in person.
  • MoxyLeigh
    MoxyLeigh Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    There are hiking "Meetup" groups in every area, and running stores or outdoor equipment stores often have groups that meet for hikes, you might want to try that, too.

I'd recommend this, esp. groups organized through outdoor equipment/athletic goods stores. Have fun! Hiking is such a great hobby. :)

• lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    Some local gyms and Ys offer hiking classes/groups. They teach you safe hiking and then organize outings. Also outdoor stores like REI as mentioned above.
  • CourierSixx
    CourierSixx Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    You could try meetup.com. otherwise be safe. Too many weirdos out there.
  • CSARdiver
    CSARdiver Posts: 6,252 Member
    Options
    REI used to have a group finder for this and other outdoor activities. Local gyms, outdoor shops, etc. should have the same. Just use caution, let others know when you leave, who you are with, how long you'll be gone, and when you'll be back. Take photos of others in your group.

Read up on the trail you're planning to go on. Check the weather. Bring some basic supplies - first aid kit, rain poncho, etc.

Never a bad time on a trail. I experienced the greatest joys of my life outdoors.