"The new rules of lifting for women." Who's got it?

Options
My copy of TNROL4W just came in the mail today and I can't wait to start reading it! Who's read it or is reading it? I've heard nothing but great things about it!

Replies

• agthorn
    agthorn Posts: 1,844 Member
    Options
    I just got the book last week and have read all the way through - I start September 11th!!
  • Awkward30
    Awkward30 Posts: 1,927 Member
    Options
    Pretty sure I got that and practical programming on my kindle. Yay!
  • maryloo2011
    Options
    Pretty sure I got that and practical programming on my kindle. Yay!

Sent "Practical Programming" sample to my kindle, thanks for the rec!! I have the sample (or maybe I purchased?) "New Rules..." but simply haven't read it yet. I NEEEEEEED to because I need to switch up my strength routine, I feel like this would be the next step short of hiring another trainer for a few sessions.
  • MLgarcia3
    MLgarcia3 Posts: 503
    Options
    I just finished stage 1.. loving it so far! it does get old doing the same workouts for so long, but it's awesome seeing how much stronger you're getting! I just deadlifted my body weight this morning :-)
  • agthorn
    Options
    Sent "Practical Programming" sample to my kindle, thanks for the rec!! I have the sample (or maybe I purchased?) "New Rules..." but simply haven't read it yet. I NEEEEEEED to because I need to switch up my strength routine, I feel like this would be the next step short of hiring another trainer for a few sessions.

All the reviews on Amazon said not to get the Kindle version of New Rules, because you need to flip back and forth to reference different exercises. The paperback copy was less than $10.
  • AggieCass09
    AggieCass09 Posts: 1,867 Member
    Options
    i've got it and i LOVE it!!!! but you already knew this :-)
  • MamaGraves2
    MamaGraves2 Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    I read the first 30 pages last night, can't wait to read more today. I LOVE it already =)
  • maryloo2011
    Options

All the reviews on Amazon said not to get the Kindle version of New Rules, because you need to flip back and forth to reference different exercises. The paperback copy was less than $10.

I am about 65% through the book now and realize that I probably would benefit more from a ppb version. I'll try to scour online to see if I can download the workouts and stuff as opposed to copying/bookmarking/flipping on my kindle.
  • agthorn
    Options
    I am about 65% through the book now and realize that I probably would benefit more from a ppb version. I'll try to scour online to see if I can download the workouts and stuff as opposed to copying/bookmarking/flipping on my kindle.

You can download tracker sheets for each workout at http://werkit.com/programs/nrol4w - you'd still have to flip some, but it would probably help a little.
  • Emma1903
    Emma1903 Posts: 195
    Options
    got it and i love it, it is the single reason i am now into nutrition and lifting!