These Boots Are Made For Walking

Options
I just had a fun idea. I have a son that lives in Seattle Washington. I am currently in Russellville AR for work. I wondered about the distance between us, and how long it would take to walk there. It's over 2163 miles, and would take me 716 hours to walk there. Assuming I could walk for 12 hours a day, it would take me about 2 months to get there.

HERE'S THE CHALLENGE:
Pick ANY location, preferably in your country (as it's hard to walk under water without dying)... find the distance, and 'walk' that distance! Use your tracking device to log miles, set a goal to get there sooner than what it's supposed to. Treadmills, work breaks, taking the stairs, just 'get there'.

Maybe it's a family member or friend's home, or an ideal vacation spot, but 'walk' the distance it would take to get there, and beat the time it should take to 'get there'. Log it here if you like, or just keep track on your own, but I'm going to 'walk' to Seattle to see my son this month!

Where's your journey taking you? How long will take for you to 'get there'? How will you reward yourself? Keep it fun!

Replies

• Hollis100
    Hollis100 Posts: 1,408 Member
    edited October 2019
    Options
    Bookmarked! Right now, I'm recovering from a leg/knee injury (painful, but not serious). Once my leg heals, I plan to "walk" to Quebec from my house in Pennsylvania and will log it here (only 702.6 miles).

Will check back!