INSTANT POT

Options
Hey,
I just bought and instant pot to make it easier for me to make meals quickly. Im a very busy person and I dont have a lot of spare time. Im looking for recipes I can make in bulk or even just for one. If anyone has Ideas or simple recipes and care to share, it would be much appreciated.

Thank you
Kelley

Ps im allergic to Zucchini.

Replies

• teacherspet1
    teacherspet1 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Hi Kelley, have you tried Pinterest? There's lots of one pot recipes on there. Basically I just chuck in what I personally like and leave it to cook either overnight or all day! As long as you make a note of the calories you're putting in then divide it by how many portions you get out of it... You can't go wrong! Good luck! 🀞😊
  • vaman
    vaman Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    Hi Kelley, have you tried Pinterest? There's lots of one pot recipes on there. Basically I just chuck in what I personally like and leave it to cook either overnight or all day! As long as you make a note of the calories you're putting in then divide it by how many portions you get out of it... You can't go wrong! Good luck! 🀞😊

I think your directions would apply to a crockpot, not an instant pot. An instant pot cooks foods quite quickly, it's basically a pressure cooker.

• kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,897 Member
    Options
    If I bought an Insta Pot I would also get America's Test Kitchen's Multicooker Perfection: Cook It Fast or Cook It Slow-You Decide, which is available in my library system, so perhaps yours as well.

My library system has 101 Results for "Instant Pot", including some actual Instant Pots!
  • tctangie
    tctangie Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    A lot of the Insta Pots have a slow cooker setting. Mine does.
  • BeckySBowen
    BeckySBowen Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I use my Instant Pot frequently and get most of my recipes from Pinterest. There are tons! This is seriously the best appliance I have ever owned. I love a one pot meal that's healthy, quick and ready in no time.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,876 Member
    Options
    I get most of my recipes from Pinterest...there are tons. We tend to use the instantpot more in the winter when we're doing big stews and whatnot.
  • MelanieCN77
    MelanieCN77 Posts: 4,047 Member
    Options
    Pinterest, Facebook groups and the Reddit sub.
  • sarko15
    sarko15 Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    Echoing Pinterest. I use my instant pot to cook proteins/grains and then roast veggies for most meals. I have taped a sheet of paper with the ratios/times of my common proteins/grains to the side of my instant pot to save time.

For example, right now I'm eating quinoa I cooked in the instant pot with some veggie sausage and roasted Brussels sprouts.

Later, I'll probably have some leftover bean chili I made in the instant pot, topped with crumbled blue cheese. πŸ˜‹πŸ˜‹πŸ˜‹
  • DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,613 Member
    Options
    My husband cooks beef chuck roast or boneless chuck "ribs" with an onion, carrots, mushrooms, and green beans. My other favorite is pork loin or ribs with golden delicious apples, seasoned with garam masala or cinnamon. He uses mealthypot.com recipes
  • caprihana
    caprihana Posts: 38 Member
    edited October 2019
    Options
    Hi Kelley. I have an Instant Pot too and I love it. Depending on which country you're in there is a Facebook page and there is also a group on Copy Me That. I use both the slow cooker and the pressure cooker function, make double quantities and then freeze the reminder for the next week. You can even cook it from frozen if you forget to take the food out the night before.

I also adapt my favourite recipes to cook in my pot. In fact, I cook most meals in it!