mind is set....im ready

Options
i have been on the diet roller coaster for the last nine years. Im ready to eat to live...not live to eat. I have my mind set. and this week i finally weigh less then i have since i have had my son. im gonna make it this time.:smile:

Replies

• ricerocketmt
    Options
    i have been on the diet roller coaster for the last nine years. Im ready to eat to live...not live to eat. I have my mind set. and this week i finally weigh less then i have since i have had my son. im gonna make it this time.:smile:
  • sunflower8926
    sunflower8926 Posts: 485 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Welcome to MFP:drinker:
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,060 Member
    Options
    It's all about the choices you make! You made a good one. Welcome:flowerforyou:
  • marshall153
    marshall153 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    good luck, YOU CAN DO IT!! :drinker:
  • stillkristi
    stillkristi Posts: 1,135 Member
    Options
    You know, ricerocket - you got me thinking about an interesting thing: Eating to live versus living to eat. I lived for about 18 months in Italy 20 years ago, and I don't know how many Italians would tell me that the difference between Italians and Americans is that we eat to live, and they live to eat. BUT, far fewer of them were heaviy than you see here. They did some really great things. They eat more slowly, mindfully - a meal takes quite a while, often accompanied by a lot of happy, loud talking. They eat great food, fresh as possible. Lunch is the big meal of the day, and the evening meal is usually something light. And, many more people use public transportation and walk a lot. My point is, maybe we can do both, eat to live AND live to eat.! I know before I started this eating plan, I ate mostly fast food, soda and snacky food. After a while, it all tastes the same. I am rediscovering fresh vegitables cooked just right, seasoned lightly. Wonderful! :love: Lean meats grilled to perfection (ok, I am still working on the perfection, but often they are pretty darn good!!) A great fresh salad with fresh cracked pepper and a little olive oil and lemon juice to dress it. These things are bliss. So far, I don't miss the cloying sweets, heavy sauces or greasy burgers, fries and such. I suspect that day will come, and when it does, I am going to need some help to figure out how to avoid them. But today, I am really enjoying eating like I haven't in a long time! :bigsmile:
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome to MFP. You will love this site if you don't already. I love this site, it is so motivational, supportive, helpful, and everyone is so nice, and friendly. I just wanted to tell you good luck on your weight loss journey. You can do this. :smile: :smile: