Want to lose 10kgs before Christmas- Australia

Options
DaytonaRider
DaytonaRider Posts: 2 Member
edited October 2018 in Introduce Yourself
Hi guys, Scott from Australia, I’m 48 years old & currently weigh 95kgs. I have decided I want to lose 10+ kgs prior to Christmas as I seem to now be a bit of a porker! I live in beautiful Wollongong but am currently on a project in Canberra for the next few weeks, this has not helped as there are many awesome restaurants in the capital. I reckon 1kg per week is not unobtainable, what do you reckon? Who wants to join me?

Replies

• kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    I think it sounds a bit ambitious - keep in mind that you'd need a 1000 calorie deficit every.single.day to lose 1 kg per week, and healthy weightloss (mostly fat) is up to 1% of your bodyweight per week. Counting calories is a skill one has to learn to master, and you need to balance your diet so you're not getting so hungry that you feel less energetic or just ready to EAT ALL THE FOODS - and that was just the technicalities. You will be tempted to eat outside of plan, you might be eating out of the house now and then so some meals will be difficult to log, you might not want to exercise, you might resent/resist using a food scale, or pick "seems legit" database entries etc etc.
  • DaytonaRider
    DaytonaRider Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi Kommodevaran, thank you for your comment. When I put the parameters into MFP it gives me a 1,500 calorie allowance per day and that’s without exercise, if I do a 5 km walk every night (which I generally try to do) I get another 500+ calories so that’s 2,000 calories per day while still losing 1kg per week so I am really not sure where you are sourcing your figures but I thank you for your input.
    I easily did this once before when a colleague & I challenged each other over a 6 week period, the aim was 6kgs over 6 weeks, I lost 8 while she lost just on 6, both pretty easily & of course we felt better for it.
    Again I thank you for your comment but was after someone positive to do this with me.
  • zzubrecks
    zzubrecks Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi Scott! I'm in - let's do this! We will need to be super disciplined- kommodevaran is not wrong, but we can do it!