Late night snacking...

Options
Eve53
Eve53 Posts: 178 Member
So, I've noticed lately that all day long I'm really not all that hungry, and I have to push myself to get some calories in me. That is, until right before bed. Then I wanna stuff my face with something, not even really something unhealthy, but eating anything at that time is not good. I wonder why it is that I get hungry at this time. What should I do about it? I've been trying to just ignore it and drink water... but there has to be something I can do? Any suggestions? Does this happen to anyone else?

Replies

• Cynzilla
    Options
    At least you've identified a pattern so now you can avoid it- mentally prepare for that late night craving by eating 2 hours before it happens lean meat- maybe some cherry tomatoes-- and if it helps go to bed a little earlier till your body gets on board with your plan too :)
  • phinners
    phinners Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    I had 2 crackers and a spoonful of hummous before bed last night. I 'spose I'm going to hell now!
  • Watch_Me_Shrink
    Watch_Me_Shrink Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I do the same thing! I'll eat so well all day but then bomb out and binge at night. Like today. I'd done pretty well, but then around 7pm after dinner I went to the supermarket and bought cookies and weight watchers double choc puddings!!
    I wish I knew how to stop doing it too, but I'm yet to figure it out!
  • rc630
    rc630 Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    I don't really subscribe to the "eating at night is what makes you gain weight thing," I think it's much more about calories in/out. After all, if it mattered more white time you ate at rather than what you ate, wouldn't everyone be thin just by eating a lot of food at breakfast and lunch? If you know you're hungrier at night, leave more calories for nighttime.
    I eat about 500-600 of my 1200-1300 during breakfast and lunch, then have a big dinner. After, I have about 250 left over for nighttime snacking.
    If eating late doesn't bother your digestion, then plan your meals around eating late if you want; as long as you stick to your calorie goals, you should be able to lose weight.
  • Eve53
    Eve53 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Yeah I don't really binge, and it's not even anything unhealthy that I'm craving. It's just, the time of day that I get hungry I guess. I worked 2nd shift for a while so my bed time used to be my dinner time. Maybe that's why?