I am really struggling to see any weight loss

slashton1
slashton1 Posts: 1 Member
edited October 2019 in Health and Weight Loss
So I currently stand at 5 foot 3 and 65kg (roughly 10 and a half stone also a female btw) and have been going to the gym every day doing hiit mainly on a self powered treadmill doing 30 second run 30 walk alternative for about 10 to 20 minutes with weight training also. I have been eating healthily however after using machine at my gym which measures fat percentage apparently my muscle mass has gone down and my fat mass has increased - this was even after cutting to 1400 calories a day according to my fitness pal which is way less than my usual? I am at my wits end I've been going to the gym non stop for about 6 months minuse a month out due to a motorcycle accident. I feel really deflated since I really thought I would see a difference but I dont. Can anyone help me with this?

Thanks,

Ashton.

Replies

• cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,937 Member
    Weight loss is about food, mostly.

How are you calculating your food intake? Have you been logging daily? Using a food scale?
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,937 Member
    edited October 2019
  • apullum
    apullum Posts: 4,838 Member

OP is female, but I also had problems getting the profile to load.

OP, are you weighing ALL of your food using a food scale? You are only a little above the optimal BMI range for your height. Weight loss at that point typically requires meticulous and accurate logging of all your food using a food scale, consistently staying within your calorie goal, and being patient. It may take 4-6 weeks to see downward movement on the scale after you start tracking accurately. Set MFP for 0.5 lb/week loss and weigh all your food.
  • StaciMarie2020
    StaciMarie2020 Posts: 68 Member
    I'm very close in weight to you - though 2 inches taller. My total daily burn (TDEE) which includes exercise and general daily activity is around 1700-1900 based on my activity tracker. I'm losing slowly mostly eating around 1400-1500. This is for a .5 pound per week loss target and assumes a little error on the TDEE calculation.

As others have said - the key is to make sure your intake is right. Your TDEE is possibly similar to mine, due to the similar weight. When aiming for a small deficit accuracy is very important because any miscalculations can mean that your deficit is nil. Use a food scale for solid foods, account for cooking oils, condiments. Avoid bites/licks/tastes when prepping food.
  • Lindsay375
    Lindsay375 Posts: 49 Member
    The bf% measurements from machines(unless it’s a full DEXA scab) are inaccurate. I can vary widely, and really is affected by hydration and moisture in the air even. I’d focus on your measurements and weight rather then a bf%