I need to lose 50 pounds!

Options
Heyy So my goal is to lose either 50 pounds by December.. I have already lost 15 pounds this month of August. But I need to lose more I know its a short amount of time but I ju need to Do it for me.So any advice?

Weight Now: 208 pounds
Height: 5'5
Female
My Meal Plan Now 800 calories or a little less
Water
Milk / Chocolate Milk (whole or 2%)
Exercises Walking - 1hr to 4hr (various)

Replies

• helenium
    helenium Posts: 546 Member
    Options
    Please, please eat more than 800 calories. 1200 minimum. You will still lose weight. And you won't feel crap. And you'll learn proper eating habits when it comes to maintaining weight at the end.
  • runslikeagirl
    runslikeagirl Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Again... 800 calories?? yikes!!
  • hush7hush
    hush7hush Posts: 2,273 Member
    Options
    This thread is about to get torn apart.
  • emmuci
    emmuci Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Hi!
    I really understand u..i mean i eat few calories too..some days only 400...anyway, i suggest u eat more times a day, and for snacks eat fruits or something, and don't it a lot in the evenings. That is the biggest thing people do!
    Another good tip is to do a lot of exercise. If u r not a sports addict like me, start with less exercise...for example go out jogging 15 minutes a day or when u feel like. I started like this too, and now i'm running about an hour every day and go swimming an hour and everything.
    Anyway, i hope u good luck!

Feel free to add me.
  • Sezmo83
    Sezmo83 Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    You need to eat more than 800 calories a day. Otherwise as soon as you start eating normally again you'll just pile the weight back on. 1200 is the minimum recommended for a female and a lot find that too low.
  • GIMMIETHATBECKYY
    Options
    But my body got so use to eating 800 calories!
    Especially if theirs no food in the house..
    I dont eat junk ,I do eat bread but I can't really cut that
    Out, you Can do a lot with bread like pb and js with toast
    Maybe I should exercise more? All I do is WALK everywhere. I have
    No car..so Ugh idk. .
    This is a normal routine for me..
  • GIMMIETHATBECKYY
    Options
    Thanks for all comments BTW! X)
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    you wont be able to lose more weight BECAUSE your body is used to only 800 calories.... that isnt a good thing.
  • CaliSweden
    Options
    I agree with the above posters. You're body is starving itself, that's why with only 800 calories a day, your body is holding on to its fat reserves. You need to break that 800 calories a day cycle, especially if you are walking around everywhere. You need to bump up your calories to a minimum of at least 1200 calories if you're walking everywhere. Your body will start to let go of its reserves as soon as it knows its not being starved, then you'll start seeing weightloss.
  • shereen62
    Options
    first off you are not eating enough calories, you need fuel to burn the furnace. if you lose it to fast you will gain it back guanteed!! try about 1500 calories and exercise 5 times a week at least 30 minutes and the weight will come off. make sure you are drinking enough water.:wink:
  • dad106
    dad106 Posts: 4,868 Member
    Options
    In order to lose 50 pounds by december, you'd have to lose roughly 12.5 pounds a month which is roughly 3 pounds a week... i think not.

Honestly, freaking eat! A healthy balanced diet of 1200 calories, is going to do a heck of a lot more for you then a 800 calorie diet full of bread and nothing else. Eat fruit, veggies, lean meat, a little bread.. all those things are fantastic for weight loss.

Since you walk everywhere, your already burning a lot of calories, which means you need to eat. Any exercise you do on top, is going to be extra and you should prob. eat those calories too.
  • medoria
    medoria Posts: 673 Member
    Options
    This is the second thread youve posted on this subject. You can post as many threads as you want to but remeber that this is a weighloss forum where people have been trying to loose weight back and forth for many years, trying what you are doing right now. Starting another thread wont make people change there minds about how stupid it is of you to just eat 800 kcal a day.

A more reosonable goal would be 20 pounds but trying to sculpt and shape your body in stead of just trying to loose fat. You do that buy eating between 1200- 1600 kcal a day, eat every fourth hour, snacks between, nothing after 8 oclock, trying to avoid bread, sugar and other bad carbs, excersising 3- 5 times a week doing both cardio and strenght training.

Judging from the way you respond you want to se the weight come of but you are not willing to do the effort.
  • spyork
    spyork Posts: 187
    Options
    STOP,

You have to slow down, 800 Cals a day and your body will starve and not be able to do basic functions after a while. Losing 15 pounds in one month might be ok if you weigh over 300, have a serious look at nutrition and weight loss sites to get more knowledge, we all want to be trim and sexy but not at the risk of your life!

I cant stress that enough!
  • spyork
    spyork Posts: 187
    Options
    Hi!
    I really understand u..i mean i eat few calories too..some days only 400...anyway, i suggest u eat more times a day, and for snacks eat fruits or something, and don't it a lot in the evenings. That is the biggest thing people do!
    Another good tip is to do a lot of exercise. If u r not a sports addict like me, start with less exercise...for example go out jogging 15 minutes a day or when u feel like. I started like this too, and now i'm running about an hour every day and go swimming an hour and everything.
    Anyway, i hope u good luck!

Feel free to add me.

Are you MAD/INSANE, your brain alone needs 600 cals a day just to stay switched on!!!!!!!!!! People like you should not be giving advice!
  • GIMMIETHATBECKYY
    Options
    @Medoria - Woah! No need to get nasty at me, Im just learning
    here that's why I asked for this advice. Yeah it is stupid to eat less
    calories then what I should but im LEARING! I know you mean
    well ,also im going to eat 1,200 Cal but at the end of the month
    it Can be done..

Oh yeah that other post, that wasn't for
    other opinions that was because sometimes when you
    posts things up not a lot of people reply so I end up getting
    maybe one opinion on that post and 15 on the other..

So im going to be kind because you are helping me...
    Dont state things about me that I do because you dont know me.

Everybody ,

Thank you for the feedback! Im eating more, but I was wondering
    what kind of exercises I should do?

Thanks! X)
  • pandabear_
    pandabear_ Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    800 calories really is too little. 1200 is also little, that's enough of a deficit. If you think about it that way, the recommended daily intake for women is 2000, so really by eating 1200 you're saving 800 calories! That's enough to cut.

Any less and you won't lose weight and you'll make it harder for yourself to stick to your diet. Once you start eating properly again, you'll pile it back on. 800 really isn't enough to function!

---- Edit:

For exercises though, as you seem to realise now that 800 is too little. Maybe cycling? Or running?
  • cownancy
    cownancy Posts: 291
    Options
    I think maybe the reason some members think that you don't want to do the work is because you've come to a new site and not read any of the rules or suggestions given to you prior to posting. These informational posts state that you should try searching for any answer in the archives prior to posting a question. There is a huge amount of information about diet and exercise already here. If you search some of the most popular posts and search the subjects that interest you, you will find everything you are asking.

The fact is that people who have been on the site for a long time and have some of the most helpful information for you are probably tired of answering the same questions every day, so they just stop answering when a post like yours comes along. There is so much information available on the internet from reliable sources on how to lose weight in a healthy manner and this site is no exception.

If you look back, you will also note, if you do look at the information, that you won't find a lot of support for a diet with unhealthy goals. So, you might want to search some of the exercise threads previously posted. This way you can actually learn to decide for yourself what should work for your current lifestyle and interests.

Set up a healthy eating and exercise routine and not only will you lose weight and feel better, but you will have a much better chance of keeping it off long term. If you work out faithfully, by Decemeber, you might actually not care about what the scale says because you will tone up your body and feel so much better. The scale is far from the only guideline you should be using to measure your success.

Good luck!
  • cownancy
    cownancy Posts: 291
    Options
    One more thing......IF you are only taking in 800 calories a day now, why haven't you already lost the weight? That doesn't really make sense to me? How did you ever reach 280 pounds that way? I am 5'10" and to get up to 310 pounds, I was eating whole pizzas and drinking Mountain Dew by the 2-litre bottle, plus bags of fast food.......800 calories was low for me for a single meal. I don't understand?
  • GIMMIETHATBECKYY
    Options
    One more thing......IF you are only taking in 800 calories a day now, why haven't you already lost the weight? That doesn't really make sense to me? How did you ever reach 280 pounds that way? I am 5'10" and to get up to 310 pounds, I was eating whole pizzas and drinking Mountain Dew by the 2-litre bottle, plus bags of fast food.......800 calories was low for me for a single meal. I don't understand?

One thing im on a phone so its hard to see everything. .
    So that's Why I haven't read any rules and things like that
    And if people are tired of seeing the same thing doesn't mean
    They need to have attitudes im new and barely learning. If they
    dont want to help the dont have to post anything up..

But thanks for the advice....

Well I was originally 230 in the beginning of January..
    I ate less and exercised with my brother every morning..
    Sit ups- 120 and walking about an hour to school and back
    Every Monday thru Friday. ..Saturday and Sundays off..
    Lost 10 pounds in a month... I even ate fast food and junk.

I lived with my friend she eats literally nothing and never after 6..
    Walked everywhere...We ate under 800 calories but above 600..
    Sometimes nothing at all I remember one day I.had a doughnut
    and that's it..We sometimes had a meal,sometimes junk food..
    Lost 15 pounds..Dropped down to 208..in a month

Lived with my other friend...
    Breakfast - bagel cream cheese
    Lunch - A big salad
    Snack- Chicken Sandwhich
    Dinner- Chicken Burrito homeaid
    Walked an hour and a half everyday Monday thru Friday
    to school and back...
    Everyday I ate like that her dad owned a taco truck..
    I gained 6 pounds in a month
    Weight - 214

Now -
    I eat 800 Cal's
    Walk an hour or more
    Drink milk and water
    Lost 6 pounds
    So I hit a plateau ...

before when I was 240 I was eating
    Lots of junk food (snacking ) and regular meals..
  • maidentl
    maidentl Posts: 3,203 Member
    Options
    You gained six pounds back because your body thought there was a famine and needed to store some fat in case it happened again. And you have put it into famine again. You will lose weight, but you will also re-gain any time you eat normally. And your health will suffer for it. Also, when you lose weight this way, you lose fat AND muscle. When you re-gain it, you only gain fat. You're actually making yourself have a higher body fat percentage.